['enɪ] or ['ɛni]
(adj.) one or some or every or all without specification; 'give me any peaches you don't want'; 'not any milk is left'; 'any child would know that'; 'pick any card'; 'any day now'; 'cars can be rented at almost any airport'; 'at twilight or any other time'; 'beyond any doubt'; 'need any help we can get'; 'give me whatever peaches you don't want'; 'no milk whatsoever is left' .
(adv.) to any degree or extent; 'it isn't any better'.
(a. & pron.) One indifferently, out of an indefinite number; one indefinitely, whosoever or whatsoever it may be.
(a. & pron.) Some, of whatever kind, quantity, or number; as, are there any witnesses present? are there any other houses like it?
(adv.) To any extent; in any degree; at all.
a. . A single one (of many), any one.. Some (indefinitely).
ad. Somewhat, at all, in any degree.
adj. one indefinitely: some: whoever. n. An′ybody any single individual.—adv. Anyhow in any way whatever: in any case at least.—ns. An′ything a thing indefinitely as opposed to nothing: any whit to any extent; Anythingā′rian one with no beliefs in particular; Anythingā′rianism—advs. An′yway An′yways in any manner: anyhow: in any case; An′ywhere An′ywhen in any place whatever at any time; An′ywise in any manner to any degree.—Any one any single individual anybody.—At any rate whatever may happen at all events.—If anything if in any degree.
- Yes, but such care could have been furnished by any one of us. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- You never noticed it, any more than you noticed me. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- He knew how to blow any sort of bridge that you could name and he had blown them of all sizes and constructions. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- For what does reason discover, when it pronounces any action vicious? 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- Until Edison made his wonderful invention in 1877, the human race was entirely without means for preserving or passing on to posterity its own linguistic utterances or any other vocal sound. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Not a word had been spoken during the present session on any of these topics. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- But in the better grades of material the printing is well done, and the color designs are fairly fast, and a little care in the laundry suffices to eliminate any danger of fading. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- There is scarcely any man alive who does not think himself meritorious for giving his neighbour five pounds. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- By only raising my voice, and saying any thing two or three times over, she is sure to hear; but then she is used to my voice. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- Such companies, therefore, commonly draw to themselves much greater stocks, than any private copartnery can boast of. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- I hadn't any particular work to give him, but I had a number of small induction coils, and to give him something to do I told him to fix them up and sell them among his sailor friends. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- But as Elizabeth could not receive comfort from any such expectation, she made no answer. 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- I haven't any sister, or father and mother either. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- Every day, now, old Scriptural phrases that never possessed any significance for me before, take to themselves a meaning. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- Not but what myself and Micawber have our hands pretty full, in general, on account of Mr. Wickfield's being hardly fit for any occupation, sir. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- But nothing will induce me to quarrel with any one to-night. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Anybody here seen anything of any such game? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Tell my servant to bring me up some hot water at half-past eight in the morning, and that I shall not want him any more to-night. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- The business may still flourish with good management, and the master become as rich as any of the company. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- Will any coach—' 'I don't mean that he thould go in the comic livery,' said Sleary. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Mr. Carruthers has got a trap, and so the dangers of the lonely road, if there ever were any dangers, are now over. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Did you ever see any one who was kind to such things? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- If I must disgrace myself by such a bargain with any man, I prefer that it be one I already despise. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- But I wasn't crazy in any complicated manner. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- You will let me know any fresh development, Miss Smith. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Have you come to any conclusion, sir, in your own mind, while I have been reading? 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- I never made any plans about what I'd do when I grew up. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- This was a class of plant which the inquirers desired to purchase outright and operate themselves, usually because of remoteness from any possible source of general supply of current. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- At last he was happily got down without any accident, and then he began to beat Mr. Guppy with a hoop-stick in quite a frantic manner. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- So we were left to take leave of one another without any restraint. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.