(-) The 3d pers. sing. pres. of Do.
3d pers. sing. pres. indic. of Do.
- But this does not mean that men will have become homeless and all adrift. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- For what does reason discover, when it pronounces any action vicious? 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- It shows a magnanimous spirit and does not magnif y the importance of trifles. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- There is scarcely any man alive who does not think himself meritorious for giving his neighbour five pounds. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Does he think to reduce me by long absence? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- They are worse than a goring, for the injury is internal and it does not heal. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- But in 1562, the year at which he ends with it, it contained no more than the same nominal sum does at present. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- And I'm bound to say Lily DOES distract it: I believe he'd marry her tomorrow if he found out there was anything wrong with Bertha. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- There is _one_ person in company who does not like to have Miss Price spoken of. 简·奥斯汀. 曼斯菲尔德庄园.
- I approve of her looking at me; it does me good. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Your favourable opinion then, my Precious, does less than justice to Mr Boffin, and more than justice to me. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Yet this consideration does not, or rather did not in after time, diminish the reproaches of my conscience. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Keeps the organ moist, does it, Wegg? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- And now uncle is abroad, you and Mr. Garth can have it all your own way; and I am sure James does everything you tell him. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- There he did very well, but something went wrong (as it always does to a nomad), so he went to the Transvaal, and ran a panorama called 'Paradise Lost' in the Kaffir kraals. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Does she understand that? 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- It always does at the sight of such. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Does not that repel you? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- He does not flatter women, but he is patient with them, and he seems to be easy in their presence, and to find their company genial. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- I admire her--as my friend does--exceedingly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- But if she does, I am quite sure you will find her sons able to defend their island, even against enmity and treachery. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Chinnock said: 'Does he KNOW anything about running a station like this? 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- What does she say, Paulina? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Most certainly it does. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- Economic history deals with the activities, the career, and fortunes of the common man as does no other branch of history. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- No sooner does an article become extensively used than a machine is made for turning it out automatically. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- And what does it signify whether unmarried and never-to-be-married women are unattractive and inelegant or not? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Does he really think he needs me, and can take an interest in me as a sister? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- It must seem very strange to any one but me, and does even to me: I often feel the old sad pity for--I need not write the word--for him. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Art thou in condition to do good service, friar, said Locksley, or does the brown bowl still run in thy head? 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.