[miː] or [mi]
(pron.) One. See Men, pron.
(pers. pron.) The person speaking, regarded as an object; myself; a pronoun of the first person used as the objective and dative case of the pronoum I; as, he struck me; he gave me the money, or he gave the money to me; he got me a hat, or he got a hat for me.
personal pron. the objective case of I including both the old English accusative and dative of the first personal pronoun.
pro. The objectionable case of I. The personal pronoun in English has three cases the dominative the objectionable and the oppressive. Each is all three.
- You have behaved very ill to me, said his lordship. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- I have something beyond this, but I will call it a defect, not an endowment, if it leads me to misery, while ye are happy. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- How we shall conciliate this little creature, said Mrs. Bretton to me, I don't know: she tastes nothing, and by her looks, she has not slept. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- But please to tell me at once what you have done. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Constantly she talked to me about what I should do to be thy wife. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- When to-morrow comes, and he knows that I am in the house, do you think---- She stopped again, and looked at me very earnestly. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- I have, and she has refused me, said Caliphronas sullenly. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Which of them had a step so quiet, a hand so gentle, but I should have heard or felt her, if she had approached or touched me in a day-sleep? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- And then commenced a train of thought quite new to me. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- Take me with you, I said, just to gratify my curiosity. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- Au banquet de la vie à peine commencé, Un instant seulement mes lèvres ont pressé La coupe en mes mains encore pleine. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Ainsi, he began, abruptly fronting and arresting me, vous allez tr?ner comme une reine; demain--tr?ner à mes c?tés? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Et puisque cela m'est égal, que mes amis ne s'en inquiètent pas. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- With the true perspicacity _des ?mes élites_, he at once saw how this at first sight untoward event might be turned to excellent account. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- He made that brief reply warmly, dropping his hand on the table while he spoke, and turning towards us again. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Yes, but such care could have been furnished by any one of us. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Do you mean to join us at dinner? 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Let it suffice h ere to state that Rutherford assumes that the greater mass of the atom consis ts o f negatively charged particles rotating about a positive nucle us. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- And then let us be going. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- The Colonel and the Inspector were awaiting us in the parlor. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- In speaking of education Plato rather startles us by affirming that a child must be trained in falsehood first and in truth afterwards. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- I saw them stop near the church and speak to the sexton's wife, who had come from the cottage, and had waited, watching us from a distance. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Again you find us, Miss Summerson, said he, using our little arts to polish, polish! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- The ice, you see, was broken between us--and I thought I would take care, on the next occasion, that Mr. Betteredge was out of the way. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.