(n.) See Withe.
(prep.) With denotes or expresses some situation or relation of nearness, proximity, association, connection, or the like.
(prep.) To denote a close or direct relation of opposition or hostility; -- equivalent to against.
(prep.) To denote association in respect of situation or environment; hence, among; in the company of.
(prep.) To denote a connection of friendship, support, alliance, assistance, countenance, etc.; hence, on the side of.
(prep.) To denote the accomplishment of cause, means, instrument, etc; -- sometimes equivalent to by.
(prep.) To denote association in thought, as for comparison or contrast.
(prep.) To denote simultaneous happening, or immediate succession or consequence.
(prep.) To denote having as a possession or an appendage; as, the firmament with its stars; a bride with a large fortune.
prep. . Through (as the immediate agent or instrument), BY, by the agency of, by means of.. Attending, accompanying, in company with, along with.. In the opinion of, in the estimation of, according to.. By the side of, in contrast with.. Upon, immediately after.
prep. denoting nearness agreement or connection: by: in competition or contrast: on the side of: immediately after: among: possessing: in respect of in the regard of: like: by by means of through: showing using: from.—adv. Withal′ with all or the rest: likewise: moreover.—prep. an emphatic form of with.—With that thereupon.
- I had never before seen Mr. Bruff pay her such devoted attention, and look at her with such marked respect. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- The perfect impregnation of the water with gas, however, requires time. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- The boy's eyes had lighted with pleasure as I spoke, and I saw him glance from his rusty trappings to the magnificence of my own. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- There his work was received with applause. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Take me with you, I said, just to gratify my curiosity. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- Orders were to move cautiously with skirmishers to the front to feel for the enemy. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- No, indeed, sir,' returned Mrs. Sparsit, with a gentle melancholy upon her. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- There are many others that have to be considered with it. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- A piece of tapestry over a door also showed a blue-green world with a pale stag in it. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Dear Mr. Traddles and dear Trotwood, papa once free with honour, what could I wish for! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- I'd like to see you with a beard. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- The duties of her married life, contemplated as so great beforehand, seemed to be shrinking with the furniture and the white vapor-walled landscape. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- But still the disappointed father held a strong lever; and Fred felt as if he were being banished with a malediction. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- The gentleman did it, with a handkerchief and a glass of water. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- George Lamb and Elliston together, after they had listened to a page or two, with one voice exclaimed, Very stupid. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- Instead she insisted that he accept, and, indeed, take her with him. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- I had settled things with father and mother. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Her lover was no longer to her an exciting man whom many women strove for, and herself could only retain by striving with them. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- It's all show with Minnie, about Martha. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- As he extended his hand with a magnificently forgiving air, and as I was broken by illness and unfit to quarrel, I took it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- This was done with effect, as is proved by the Confederate reports. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- It has nothing to do with that. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- It is also said that one man to-day, with the aid of a steam engine, performs the work of 120 men in the last century. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- We were then led up to the door, where we were directed to get down on our hands and knees with our backs toward the room we were to enter. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- You are not familiar with Cambridgeshire scenery, are you? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- I must reproach her with her faults, and then--she will throw the plates and dishes in my face! 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- She was a warlike power, and inscribed upon her banners many a brilliant fight with Genoese and Turks. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- Miss Kate took out her sketch again, and Margaret watched her, while Mr. Brooke lay on the grass with a book, which he did not read. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- American deposits in the Miocene display a great variety of camels, giraffe camels with long necks, gazelle camels, llamas, and true camels. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- When the iron parts with its carbon it loses its fluidity and becomes plastic and coherent, and is formed into balls called _blooms_. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.