[jɔː;jʊə] or [jʊr,jɔr,jor,jə]
(pron. & a.) The form of the possessive case of the personal pronoun you.
pron. poss. of you: belonging to you: (Shak.) used to denote a class or species well known the use implying something of contempt.—Yourn (prov.) yours.
- Your circle is rather different from ours. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Bring out your vouchers, and don't talk Jerusalem palaver. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Now, Mr. Hilton Cubitt, please continue your most interesting statement. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Have you found your first day's work harder than you expected? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- Where's your friend? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Which means, I suppose, that you are not quite clear about your case? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- But men of your character are mostly so independent. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Your decisions are perfectly judicious, madam, returned Mr. Brocklehurst. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- And the bulk of your fortune would be laid out in annuities on the authors or their heirs. 简·奥斯汀. 理智与情感.
- Your stepson, if Mr. Rigg Featherstone was he, is here no longer. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- I should like to know in what I'm your inferior? 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Do you think I don't know the foulness of your sex life--and her's? 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Name your day, and I will come. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- Don't be afraid of me: you needn't squeeze yourself back into your corner like that. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Mr. Rochester, let me look at your face: turn to the moonlight. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- Well, at least, said Holmes, you have had your revenge upon them. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- I made myself known to your sister. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Give my love to your aunt, George dear, and implore her not to curse the viper that has crossed your path and blighted your existence. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- What's he up to in the case of your friend the handsome gal? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I am to understand, then, that you hold by the determination expressed in your letter? 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- While there's a handful of fire or a mouthful of bed in this present roof, you're fully welcome to your share on it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Then, collecting himself, he added in his usual tone, And what may it be your pleasure to want at so early an hour with the poor Jew? 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- My next words, as true as the good God is above us, will put my life into your hands. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Your eccentricity and conceit touch the verge of frenzy. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Your marriage was your own doing, not mine. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Dead, your Majesty. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Let her footstep, as she comes and goes, in these pages, be like that other footstep to whose airy fall your own heart once beat time. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- I now take my farewell of your ladyship, and assure you that there's no danger of your ever being waited on by me again. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- There--take away your property. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- On account of your approaching marriage with her? 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.