[dɪ'zaɪəd] or [dɪ'zaɪrd]
(imp. & p. p.) of Desire
- This was a class of plant which the inquirers desired to purchase outright and operate themselves, usually because of remoteness from any possible source of general supply of current. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I am authorised to tell him that Miss Verinder willingly consents to place her house at our disposal; and, that said, I am desired to add no more. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- I had learned that General Buell himself would be at Savannah the next day, and desired to meet me on his arrival. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The Mexican war was a political war, and the administration conducting it desired to make party capital out of it. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The good woman was desired to leave the witness-box. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- The paper, cut into the desired form by a separate machine, was piled up on one side of the envelope folder. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- The length of time in boiling depends upon the depth of color desired. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- I said nothing about this difficulty until Sir Percival had been consulted on the subject of the desired delay. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- And as he strode on his way before the supposed friar, Front-de-Boeuf thus schooled him in the part which he desired he should act. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- Let us assume that we have a painting or a drawing in colors from which it is desired to produce a set of printing plates to produce that drawing in facsimile. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The world was to me a secret, which I desired to discover; to her it was a vacancy, which she sought to people with imaginations of her own. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- Sir,' explained that worthy woman, 'I trust it is my good fortune to produce a person you have much desired to find. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- I had not been in my study five minutes when the maid entered to say that a person desired to see me. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- He desired to know, what I would have done upon such an occasion in my own country. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- For reasons worth analyzing later, these representative American citizens desired both the immediate taboo and an ultimate annihilation of vice. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- Shunt and series field-windings were added to the motor, and the series windings could be plugged in and out of circuit as desired. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I flew thither and back, bringing the desired vessels. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- I desired to draw her from this spot; but she opposed my wish. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- I have always desired to act the part of a friend to you. 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- This was indeed a godlike science, and I ardently desired to become acquainted with it. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- An unusual--to me--a perfectly new character I suspected was yours: I desired to search it deeper and know it better. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- When a large quantity of water is desired, strong machines drill into the ground and excavate an opening into which a wide pipe can be lowered. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- This is necessary to get the desired printing surface. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- DEAR FRIEND, I send you enclosed the copies you desired of the papers I read to you yesterday. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- By using combinations of two or more lenses of various kinds, it is possible to have an image of almost any desired size, and in practically any desired position. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- She desired me to get into the chariot, and to tell the coachman to drive slowly up and down a little while. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- One said: Oh, the Virgin's face is full of the ecstasy of a joy that is complete --that leaves nothing more to be desired on earth! 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- For to desire is better than to possess, the finality of the end was dreaded as deeply as it was desired. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- The diving case is not absolutely water-tight, nor is it desired that it should be so, as the slight leakage acts as a lubricant to the joints, and aids in their movements. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Individuals use one another so as to get desired results, without reference to the emotional and intellectual disposition and consent of those used. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.