[juː] or [ju]
(dat. & obj.) The pronoun of the second person, in the nominative, dative, and objective case, indicating the person or persons addressed. See the Note under Ye.
pron. 2d pers. pron. pl. but also used as singular.—pron.pl. You′-uns a provincial form for you you ones.—You're another the vulgar form of tu quoque effective in vituperation but not an argument.
- Perhaps you had better go after my friends at once, because the weather is warm, and I can not 'keep' long. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- You have behaved very ill to me, said his lordship. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- You ought not to have come today, she said in an altered voice; and suddenly she turned, flung her arms about him and pressed her lips to his. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- You will wring no more hearts as you wrung mine. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Father's a sweeter singer than ever; you'd never have forgotten it, if you'd aheard him just now. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- But please to tell me at once what you have done. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Still, he said, I do not comprehend you. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- Your circle is rather different from ours. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Bring out your vouchers, and don't talk Jerusalem palaver. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Now, Mr. Hilton Cubitt, please continue your most interesting statement. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Have you found your first day's work harder than you expected? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- Where's your friend? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Which means, I suppose, that you are not quite clear about your case? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- But men of your character are mostly so independent. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- I have something beyond this, but I will call it a defect, not an endowment, if it leads me to misery, while ye are happy. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- I will discipline my sorrowing heart to sympathy in your joys; I will be happy, because ye are so. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Ye couldn't treat a poor sinner, now, to a bit of sermon, could ye,--eh? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- I see what ye mean now. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Ye can do not mich, poor young lass! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- The Lord bless ye! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Lord bless ye, Tom, ye needn't break all the glasses! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.