(noun.) the 20th letter of the Roman alphabet.
- She didn't' said Oliver. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- How we shall conciliate this little creature, said Mrs. Bretton to me, I don't know: she tastes nothing, and by her looks, she has not slept. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Bring out your vouchers, and don't talk Jerusalem palaver. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Then you don't ask my advice,' says Podsnap. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Don't take on, Miss. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- We went to the 'commissionaire' of the hotel--I don't know what a 'commissionaire' is, but that is the man we went to--and told him we wanted a guide. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- It's the best joke of the season, isn't it? 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- Why don't she come? 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- You needn't, if you don't like, ma'am,' was his answer. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I don't see why you shouldn't like me to know that you wished to do me a service, my dear fellow. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- I wish, Mr. Yeobright, you could give me something to keep that once belonged to her--if you don't mind. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- They won't do over here. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- I can't very well do it myself; because my back's so bad, and my legs are so queer. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Merely that I don't like it. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- I can't allow people in my way. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- Let it suffice h ere to state that Rutherford assumes that the greater mass of the atom consis ts o f negatively charged particles rotating about a positive nucle us. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Miscellane ous Hi story of Common Exp erimen ts which have not grown into an Art. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Only one indication need be given of the practical resul ts that flowed from Aristotle's scientific work. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Aristotle advised investigators to make sure of the fac ts before seeking the explanation of the facts. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- And there was a great crowding and dislocation of goods at the dép?ts because there was insufficient road transport. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- In this manner was the Ts'in Dynasty established. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- In the mean time Davy had been chosen superintendent of the Pneumatic Institution at Bristol by Dr. Beddoes, ts founder. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Racemic acid, however, which is identical with tartaric acid in i ts chemical constituents, is optically inactive, rotating the plane of polarized light n either to the right nor the left. 李贝. 西洋科学史.