[ɔːl'ðəʊ;ɒl-] or [ɔl'ðo]
(conj.) Grant all this; be it that; supposing that; notwithstanding; though.
conj. Though, albeit, notwithstanding, grant that, for all that, be it so, even if.
conj. admitting all that: notwithstanding that.
- As I perceive that your boots, although used, are by no means dirty, I cannot doubt that you are at present busy enough to justify the hansom. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- Although I had heard it with my own ears I could not believe it. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- In the hydraulic form of elevator, a motor worked by water is employed to lift the car, although steam power is also employed to raise the water. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- A serious occurrence that might have resulted in accident drove him soon after from Canada, although the youth could hardly be held to blame for it. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Although carbon dioxide is very injurious to health, both of the substances of which it is composed are necessary to life. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- She had not yet had any anxiety about ways and means, although her domestic life had been expensive as well as eventful. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- This change took from us the fear of an immediate catastrophe, although we were still anxious as to the final result. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Nay, there are persons in Middlemarch to whom I could go; although they don't know much of me, they would believe me. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Although the cotton is now a white, soft, clean, downy sheet, still the fibres cross each other in every direction, and they require to be straightened and laid parallel before the spinning. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Although many statements may be found in works on natural history to this effect, I cannot find even one which seems to me of any weight. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- The plan of identifying people by their finger-prints, although at first used only on criminals, is now put to many other uses. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Although we live only two miles apart I have never been inside her aunt's house in my life. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- The hoof is split and although it might not get worse soon if shod properly, she could break down if she travels over much hard ground. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Although we appeared at the stipulated place a quarter of an hour before the time, we found Mr. Micawber already there. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- No leaf will decay because we are removed, nor any branch become motionless although we can observe you no longer! 简·奥斯汀. 理智与情感.
- Men began to doubt whether the new engine could ever be made to accomplish what Watt claimed for it, but although he realized the difficulties the inventor would not allow himself to doubt. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Roylands, I am going to deliver this wine to Alcibiades, although I know he does not want it. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- His suggestions were finally approved, although they did not immediately find favor in Washington. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Although we were anxious to leave England before the depth of winter, yet we were detained. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Although the woman in white was still in my mind, the image of her seemed to have grown dull and faint already. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- He understood the various processes of handling wool and cotton, although his own work lay outside them. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Fear overcame me; I dared not advance, dreading a thousand nameless evils that made me tremble, although I was unable to define them. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- Yes, ma'am,' said Bob, all impatience; for the old lady, although much agitated, spoke with the most tantalising deliberation, as old ladies often do. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- He sent for his things, and I wouldn't let 'em go, although Mr. Raggles would; and I don't b'lieve he's no more a Colonel than I am. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Although the beak is thus very inferior as a sifter to that of a shoveller, yet this bird, as every one knows, constantly uses it for this purpose. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- I found by their pointing towards me and to each other, that they plainly discovered me, although they made no return to my shouting. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- I know even up to and through the Russians, although only a few speak Spanish. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- I was convinced upon this return trip that there was a future for the horseless carriage, although I did not at that time expect it to be so brilliant and imposing. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Although they had clay available, and although there are several Pal?olithic clay figures on record, they had _no pottery_. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- We use the crab-apple for preserving even now, although man’s ingenuity has succeeded in inducing nature to give us many better tasting kinds. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.