(adv.) in the way indicated; 'hold the brush so'; 'set up the pieces thus'; (`thusly' is a nonstandard variant).
(n.) The commoner kind of frankincense, or that obtained from the Norway spruce, the long-leaved pine, and other conifers.
(adv.) In this or that manner; on this wise.
(adv.) To this degree or extent; so far; so; as, thus wise; thus peaceble; thus bold.
ad. . In this manner, in this wise.. So, to this degree.
adv. in this or that manner: to this degree or extent.—n. Thus′ness state of being thus.—adv. Thus′wise in this manner.
- And thus young Lord Greystoke took the first step toward the goal which he had set--the finding of other white men like himself. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- My spirit will sleep in peace; or if it thinks, it will not surely think thus. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- Thus rumour thrives in the capital, and will not go down into Lincolnshire. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Thus it appears, that the principle, which opposes our passion, cannot be the same with reason, and is only called so in an improper sense. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- Thus the enemy, with a vastly superior force, was strongly fortified to the east, south, and west, and commanded the river below. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The clocks thus controlled ought to be so regulated that if left to themselves they would always gain a little, but not more than a few minutes per day. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The newspapers had previously published articles showing the unusual capacity and performance of the battery, and public interest had thus been greatly awakened. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Thus our general rules are in a manner set in opposition to each other. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- Moreover, and what was the heaviest blow of all, he had time, thus unmolested, to get a good start. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- She raised her eyes to my face, on being thus addressed, and her fingers plied their work, and she looked at me with an unmoved countenance. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Thus far, he had exactly repeated what he had done on the birthday night. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- On another occasion when reconnoitring thus she beheld two female figures walking in the vale. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Thus, while the force was reduced nearly one-half, the quantity of product was more than doubled. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- He is apt to denominate, however, his whole gain, profit, and thus confounds rent with profit, at least in common language. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- When the science of static electricity was thus far developed, with a machine for generating it and a collector to receive it, many experiments followed. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.