[men] or [mɛn]
(pl. ) of Keelman
(pl. ) of Man
(n.) pl. of Man.
(pron.) A man; one; -- used with a verb in the singular, and corresponding to the present indefinite one or they.
- They mostly began to reign as old men, and their reigns were short, averaging less than two years each. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- But are we men's equals, or are we not? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Women are certainly quicker in some things than men. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- The men lit another cigarette and talked casually. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- But this does not mean that men will have become homeless and all adrift. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- But men of your character are mostly so independent. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- It is also said that one man to-day, with the aid of a steam engine, performs the work of 120 men in the last century. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- A genius usually becomes the luminous center of a nation's crisis,--men see better by the light of him. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- I find from Riderhood and you together, that there are suspicions against both men, and I'm not going to take upon myself to decide betwixt them. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- We should be rich men if we had 1000 pounds for every poor devil who has been done to death in that den. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- And thus young Lord Greystoke took the first step toward the goal which he had set--the finding of other white men like himself. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- In some sense, men had always used an inductive method in dealing with their immediate practical concerns. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- Being the most polite of men, he seized the opportunity of assisting the Professor's anatomical amusements on the spot. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Surely, I would say, all men do not wear those shocking nightcaps; else all women's illusions had been destroyed on the first night of their marriage! 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- As I had had some previous experience with the statements of mining men, I concluded I would just send down a small plant and prospect the field before putting up a large one. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I am a great believer in the _mens sana in corpore sano_ theory, said the Demarch to Maurice, who sat beside him. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.