[jet] or [jɛt]
(adv.) up to the present time; 'I have yet to see the results'; 'details are yet to be worked out'.
(adv.) within an indefinite time or at an unspecified future time; 'he longed for the flowers that were yet to show themselves'; 'sooner or later you will have to face the facts'; 'in time they came to accept the harsh reality'.
(n.) Any one of several species of large marine gastropods belonging to the genus Yetus, or Cymba; a boat shell.
(adv.) In addition; further; besides; over and above; still.
(adv.) At the same time; by continuance from a former state; still.
(adv.) Up to the present time; thus far; hitherto; until now; -- and with the negative, not yet, not up to the present time; not as soon as now; as, Is it time to go? Not yet. See As yet, under As, conj.
(conj.) Before some future time; before the end; eventually; in time.
(conj.) Even; -- used emphatically.
(conj.) Nevertheless; notwithstanding; however.
conj. Nevertheless, notwithstanding, however.
ad. . Besides, further, in addition, over and above.. Still, at the same time.. Hitherto, thus far, up to the present time.
SYN:Besides, nevertheless, notwithstanding, however, still, eventually, ultimately,at_last, so_far, thus_far
adv. in addition: besides: at the same time: up to the present time: hitherto: even: however.—conj. nevertheless: however.
- Yet it was a hard time for sensitive, high-spirited Jo, who meant so well and had apparently done so ill. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- I have as yet spoken as if the varieties of the same species were invariably fertile when intercrossed. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- There is something terribly appalling in our situation, yet my courage and hopes do not desert me. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- As yet only China knew of the Huns; there were no Turks in Western Turkestan or anywhere else then, no Tartars in the world. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- I suppose they have not done trying on yet. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- They would not yet let me go: I must sit down and write before them. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- There was something most startlingly familiar about him, exclaimed Mr. Philander, And yet, bless me, I know I never saw him before. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- I know better, Fred Beauclerc would answer, and yet I am fool enough to love a woman who is going mad for another man. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- I mean to have another chance yet. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- I think she's got a touch of that fever in her blood yet, and it won't come out--eh? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- We are not going to be married yet. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- What if my complaint be about to take a turn, and I am yet destined to enjoy health? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- She saw clearly enough the whole situation, yet she was fettered: she could not smite the stricken soul that entreated hers. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Many efforts have been made to overcome this defect, but as yet with only partial success. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Yet this consideration does not, or rather did not in after time, diminish the reproaches of my conscience. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Can you tell me if she's gone home from the party yet? 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Still, said Maurice pertinently, the sun is still below the eastern side of the mountain, yet the air is quite warm. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Yet it was quite certain, from the absolute stillness, that we were in the country. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- Yet they all had lived and died unconscious of the different fates awaiting their relics. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Yet you have forsaken England. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Yet the father must be garnished and tricked out, said the old lady, because of his deportment. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- She had not yet had any anxiety about ways and means, although her domestic life had been expensive as well as eventful. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- She recognised him; she greeted him, and yet she was flutteredsurprised, taken unawares. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- When I left, Estella was yet standing by the great chimney-piece, just as she had stood throughout. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- I cannot but in some sense admit the force of this reasoning, which I yet hope to traverse by the following considerations. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- In the same odd way, yet with the same rapidity, he then produced singly, and rubbed out singly, the letters forming the words Bleak House. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- He rose so early that it was not yet light when he began his journey. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I do assure you that my intimacy has not yet taught me _that_. 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- You haven't seen my private expense book yet. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- Yet one sound made them pause. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.