['ɔːlsəʊ] or ['ɔlso]
(adv. & conj.) In like manner; likewise.
(adv. & conj.) In addition; besides; as well; further; too.
(adv. & conj.) Even as; as; so.
ad. Likewise, too, besides, furthermore, moreover, in addition, in like manner.
adv. in like manner: further.
- I am also to take it as a matter of fact that the proposal to withdraw from the engagement came, in the first instance, from YOU? 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- I wish to express my gratitude also to Miss Florence Bonnet for aid in the correction of the manuscript. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Night also closed around; and when I could hardly see the dark mountains, I felt still more gloomily. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- A piece of tapestry over a door also showed a blue-green world with a pale stag in it. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- It is also said that one man to-day, with the aid of a steam engine, performs the work of 120 men in the last century. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The water pumps were at work again, and I am not sure that the soft-hearted Captain's eyes did not also twinkle. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- It was also used in October, 1899, on board the Grande Duchesse to report the international yacht race between the Columbia and the Shamrock at Sandy Hook, as seen in Fig. 13. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Mr. Bulstrode replied without haste, but also without hesitation. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- In the hydraulic form of elevator, a motor worked by water is employed to lift the car, although steam power is also employed to raise the water. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- There are also characters peculiar to different nations and particular persons, as well as common to mankind. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- The true lie is hated not only by the gods, but also by men? 柏拉图. 理想国.
- But here also I am checked. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- I think so also. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- The Peruvians also got to making maps and the use of counting-frames. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Heating by the circulation of hot water through pipes was also originated or revived during the 18th century, and a short time before Watt's circulation of steam. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Always, also, it may be well to bear in mind that by the word 'creation' the zoologist means 'a process he knows not what. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- It _is_ romantic, but it is also right. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Also a friend as well as a comrade. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- A harp, and other matters of a very uncanonical appearance, were also visible when this dark recess was opened. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- Inasmuch as the nitrogen of liquid air evaporates first, and leaves nearly pure liquid oxygen, it may also be employed as a means for producing and applying oxygen. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Nichols was also with us for a short time conducting a special series of experiments. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Inside it there revolves another cylinder, made also of thin sheet iron, and divided into four compartments, marked _d_, _d_, _d_, _d_. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- Perhaps they did, but it is of infinitely greater importance to mention that at this point also I lost my patience, opened my eyes, and interfered. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Perhaps we do,' said Mortimer, laughing also. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- The first principle which runs through all art and nature is simplicity; this also is to be the rule of human life. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- Some of the office employees would also drop in once in a while, and as everybody present was always welcome to partake of the midnight meal, we all enjoyed these gatherings. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In the jail also was a half-breed horse-thief. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The preservation of food is also dependent on ammonia, which produces the refrigerating effect in the numerous cold storage houses and artificial ice plants in this country. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- He experimented with bundles of iron wires variously insulated, also with sheet-iron rolled cylindrically and covered with iron wire wound concentrically. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The coachman, Mr. Boniface, had also had the honour of driving the duchess in auld lang syne. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.