['leɪtə] or ['letɚ]
(adj.) coming at a subsequent time or stage; 'without ulterior argument'; 'the mood posterior to' .
(adv.) comparative of the adverb `late'; 'he stayed later than you did'.
(n.) A brick or tile.
(a.) Compar. of Late, a. & adv.
- It was filed in the Patent Office a few days later, but was not issued as a patent until August 30, 1887. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The chateau awoke later, as became its quality, but awoke gradually and surely. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.
- In 1749 he drew up proposals relating to the education of youth in Pennsylvania, which led, two years later, to the esta blishment of the first American Academy. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- A century and a half later came Wycliffe (1320-1384). 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Later Holland revolted. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- They fulfill their destiny in issuing, later on, into specific and perceptible acts. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- Later on there was more grace and less coarseness in the human representations. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- To-morrow will see all my doubts in a fair way of being cleared up, sooner or later. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Then, havi ng inherited land in Berwickshire, he studied husbandry in Norfolk and took interest in the surface of the land and water-courses; later he pursued these studies in Flanders. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- I have been a determined character in later life, and I suppose I was then. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- An instant later the mystery was explained. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- Every time her hand searched for either of these, it would touch the book; and, sooner or later (who knows? 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Five minutes later a lamp was lit in a room upon the first floor. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- But it was not to the words that Eustacia listened; she could not even have recalled, a few minutes later, what the words were. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Two hours later we reached the storeroom. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- When, a little later, Wildeve returned from his walk to Mistover, Thomasin said, Damon, where have you been? 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- The other man took the receiver, and a moment later his ear caught the sound of three little clicks, faint, but distinct and unmistakable, the three dots of the letter S in the Morse Code. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He studied at Leghorn under Professor Rosa, and later at the University of Bologna with Professor Righi. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He could kill him at his leisure later, when the bow and deadly arrows were laid aside. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- Of the working out of these beginnings we shall tell later. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Nothing more they found, and it was a thoroughly awed and frightened group of savages which huddled around their king a few moments later. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- But the Aryans, as we shall see later, were probably not the first peoples to take to the sea. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- This remained, however, a mere suggestion until many years later, and the one-side printing continued. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Sooner or later I will solve all these problems which are now so tantalizing; but, come what may, one good thing is in store for me. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Later, the bowl became more pointed, the drop was replaced by a tongue, and the handle, after 1760, instead of slightly curving to the front at the end, reversed the position. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Nine years later Sir Isaac Newton, having studied Gregory’s plans, built the first reflecting telescope, which is now to be seen in the hall of the Royal Society in London. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- It is interesting to note that Edison became greatly interested in the later developments by Marconi, and is an admiring friend and adviser of that well-known inventor. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I learned later, when I had moved further south, that Belmont had caused more mourning than almost any other battle up to that time. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Years later he wrote to his mother: After all, the way in which we are taught Latin and Greek does not much influence the important st ructure of our minds. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- The hunters of the third and last stage of the later Pal?olithic Age appear to have supplemented a diminishing food supply by fishing. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.