(adj.) rid of objects or obstructions such as e.g. trees and brush; 'cleared land'; 'cleared streets free of fallen trees and debris'; 'a cleared passage through the underbrush'; 'played poker on the cleared dining room table' .
(imp. & p. p.) of Clear
- The road was somewhat cleared for them by the gunboats. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- We drove slowly in this matting-covered tunnel and came out onto a bare cleared space where the railway station had been. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- To-morrow will see all my doubts in a fair way of being cleared up, sooner or later. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- However, I'm glad the thing is cleared up: it relieves one's mind to have things cleared up. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- It had cleared in the morning, and the sun was shining with a subdued brightness through the dim veil which hangs over the great city. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- He could not think of moving till his baggage was cleared, or of travelling until he could do so with his chillum. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Her face cleared up as she read the document, however. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- He cleared his vision with his sleeve, and the melting mood over, a very stern one followed. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- As the smoke cleared, leaving an awful stillness, it passed out on the air, like the soul of the furious woman whose body lay lifeless on the ground. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.
- My very next question might have cleared the matter up, but at that instant the door opened and a woman stepped into the room. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- Some points had been cleared, but how many yet remained obscure as night! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- We have cleared away all the old thorns that grew in patches over the brow. 简·奥斯汀. 理智与情感.
- But there's this secret between us, and we can never be the same until it is cleared. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- The mystery of Anne Catherick is NOT cleared up yet. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Certainly a gray mist swirled before my eyes, and when it cleared I found my collar-ends undone and the tingling after-taste of brandy upon my lips. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- However, we have discovered that there WAS a predisposing influence against you--and there is one uncertainty cleared out of our way, at any rate. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- The next generation cleared up these perplexities; or at least supplied after ages with a further analysis of them. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- Silas, released, put his hand to his throat, cleared it, and looked as if he had a rather large fishbone in that region. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- There was an anxious expression in them, but it cleared directly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- I want the room cleared of these two scum. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Thou mak'st me humbly wishfo' to be more like thee, and fearfo' to lose thee when this life is ower, and a' the muddle cleared awa'. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- The Contessa was ready first, Alexander went to the piano, a space was cleared. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Because you hadn't cleared his father to him, and you ought to have done it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Look here, Watson, he said when the cloth was cleared just sit down in this chair and let me preach to you for a little. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- My dear Rick, said he, the clouds have cleared away, and it is bright now. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- The quick-growing vegetation has filled the estradas and this must be cleared away and perhaps new estradas opened. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I cleared out the building entirely to the walls and built my station of structural ironwork, running it up high. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- That there are people who have no human heart, and who must be crushed like savage beasts and cleared out of the way. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Now, we have cleared off old scores, and I have before me thy pleasant, trusting, trusty face again. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- I gave him no further information however, and he had no suspicion of how I expected to have the road cleared for his workmen. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.