- In this place is an altar dedicated to St. Dimas, the penitent thief. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- When the massacre of St. Bartholomew’s Eve deluged France with the blood of Protestants Catherine saw that Palissy was spared from the general destruction. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- But if you have followed recent events so closely you must have read about Lord St. Simon and his wedding? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- He pushed his face forward as he spoke and his lips and eyelids were continually twitching like a man with St. Vitus's dance. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- This accident caused some delay, but the other tubes were in the meantime progressing, and the completed bridge was opened for public traffic on the 21st of October, 1850. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- They have been looking at the house in St. Peter's Place, next to Mr. Hackbutt's; it belongs to him, and he is putting it nicely in repair. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- St. Clare was stretched on a bamboo lounge in the verandah, solacing himself with a cigar. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- He muttered something about leaving unexpectedly, in a great hurry, and having intended to write to her from St. Augustine. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Well, I won't go to any more of their cursed nonsense, Tom, said St. Clare; on my honor, I won't. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- St. Clare was at last willing to call in medical advice,--a thing from which he had always shrunk, because it was the admission of an unwelcome truth. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- He persuaded them to start cutting the blocks for the Gospel of St. Matthew. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- The Duke of St. Austrey, who sat at his hostess's right, was naturally the chief figure of the evening. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- St. Clare, how will she ever get along in the world? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- To be sure, there isn't, said St. Clare. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- O, certainly, she will discover that, and a world of wholesome truths besides, no doubt, said St. Clare. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.