(adj.) produced or marked by conscious design or premeditation; 'a studied smile'; 'a note of biting irony and studied insult'- V.L.Parrington .
(a.) Closely examined; read with diligence and attention; made the subject of study; well considered; as, a studied lesson.
(a.) Well versed in any branch of learning; qualified by study; learned; as, a man well studied in geometry.
(a.) Premeditated; planned; designed; as, a studied insult.
(a.) Intent; inclined.
(imp. & p. p.) of Study
SYN:Premeditated, thought_out, elaborate, learned, thoughtful
ANT:Unpremeditated, extempore, careless
- By the aid of these lines the barometric conditions over a large area can be studied. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- You have studied music, probably? 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Then, havi ng inherited land in Berwickshire, he studied husbandry in Norfolk and took interest in the surface of the land and water-courses; later he pursued these studies in Flanders. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- The propeller was the only part of their airship they had not studied when they began to build. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He studied at Leghorn under Professor Rosa, and later at the University of Bologna with Professor Righi. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- In the following Sections some of these forms will be studied. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Nine years later Sir Isaac Newton, having studied Gregory’s plans, built the first reflecting telescope, which is now to be seen in the hall of the Royal Society in London. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He spoke to Gutenberg about it, and the latter studied the problem. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He studied the sp ecies in their natural setting, the habitat, and range, and habits, and food of the different varieties. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Bell studied this closely, discussed it with Wheatstone, and decided that he would devote himself to the problems of reproducing sounds mechanically. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Jefferson studied and wrote upon the proper shape to be given to the mould board. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- He studied his work with care. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- But Galileo’s course was no less flecked with light and shade than were the sun and moon he studied. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- When Lalande's records in Paris were studied, it was found that he had made two observations of Neptune on May 8 and 10. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- The idea was not a new one, but the men who had studied it had decided that there were too many difficulties to overcome. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He studied much, slept little, sustained a great deal of fatigue with ease, and was equably cheerful. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.
- With the simple microscope Leeuwenhoek before 1673 had studied the structure of minute animal organisms and ten years later had even obtained sight of bacteria. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- They studied the stars--to tell fortunes. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- At school when the teacher asked us whether we had studied the lesson, the invariable answer was Yes. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- I rose and, standing behind Holmes, studied it over his shoulder. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- By birth he was probably a Jew, though some Jewish writers deny this; he had certainly studied under Jewish teachers. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- I have studied how best to mortify in them the worldly sentiment of pride; and, only the other day, I had a pleasing proof of my success. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- I do not believe that the officers of the regiment ever discovered that I had never studied the tactics that I used. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- I studied the wisdom of the ancients, and gazed on the happy walls that sheltered the beloved of my soul. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- The condition and needs of the soil were studied, its strength replenished by careful fertilisation, and it was worked with care. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- The Frenchman found fault with everything at table, drank _eau sucrée,_ and studied in his dictionary. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- I got a copy of tactics and studied one lesson, intending to confine the exercise of the first day to the commands I had thus learned. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The opinions of those who have most studied the subject differ as to the possibility of ever attaining that desired object. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- It appeared that she had minutely studied the botany of English fields and woods. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- His love of acquiring knowledge grew as he traveled, and he studied natural history, geology and chemistry. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.