- Stephenson laid down new rails at Killingworth with half-lap joints, or extending over each other for a certain distance at the ends, instead of the butt joints that were formerly used. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Deep in midnight, she was awaked by a rustling near her; she would have started up, but her stiff joints refused to obey her will. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Presently he stopped and picked out a square piece of board, such as is usually left to enable plumbers to get at the joints of the gas-pipes. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- The diving case is not absolutely water-tight, nor is it desired that it should be so, as the slight leakage acts as a lubricant to the joints, and aids in their movements. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Chairs, lounges and lighter furniture were thus made from bent pieces of wood with very few joints, having a neat and attractive appearance, and possessing great strength. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Considerable skill is required to do this, as all the joints and seams must be rolled down smooth and firm to ensure a solid boot or shoe. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Her hand is large--it's these modern sports that spread the joints--but the skin is white. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- It has ball-bearing type bar joints, giving accurate alignment and light key action, the platen rolls to show the work, and the carriage locks at the end of the line, protecting the writing. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- When this is completed repeat the operation by placing a second layer of boards over the first, breaking joints. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- His joints are turning stiff, and he is getting used up,' said Childers. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- To prevent the pressure-force of the deep sea from jamming the joints, roller bearings are so arranged about them that freedom of action is constantly maintained. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Larger apparatus has been devised to weld railroad joints on the roadbed, and for other applications. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The gasoline used also gave off a gas of highly explosive character and one very likely to escape from leaky tanks or joints. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Great attention was also paid to all the joints, which were smoothed down so as to make a perfect magnetic contact. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Remember, thou hast made me more powerful than thyself; my height is superior to thine; my joints more supple. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- The veins of this leaf in the decorations over your head, were his finger-joints, a hundred and fifty years ago. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- The articulated portion consists of about fifty turning joints, fitted with leather packing, which swells and has an increased effectiveness under increased water pressure. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- And then she took the lanterns from him, while he stood swooning with the perfect fire that burned in all his joints. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- We raid the faro joints, and drive gambling into the home, where poker and bridge whist are taught to children who follow their parents' example. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- Bones all twisted out of shape, great knots protruding from face and body, joints decaying and dropping away--horrible! 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- These, however, never perfectly fit at the cushion joints, consequently carom play at those points is out of the question. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I am in the same plight, replied Roylands, whose joints were aching with the exposure to the night. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- A fearful weakness possessed him, his joints were turned to water. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Sectional steam boilers made in detachable portions fastened together by packed or screw joints also represent an important development. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- It is then painted with two heavy coats, it being the aim to fill up all joints and seams with the paint. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- I'm as stiff as a ram's horn stooping so long, said Fairway, standing up and stretching himself till his joints creaked. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- See, said West, you have not marked that muscle, nor the articulation of the finger-joints. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- The joints of the tail are not connected by caudal muscles, hence it is extremely brittle, and one or more of the joints break off when the animal is even slightly irritated. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Bonello and I pushed until we could feel our joints crack. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.