['æbsəluːtlɪ] or ['æbsəlutli]
(adv.) totally and definitely; without question; 'we are absolutely opposed to the idea'; 'he forced himself to lie absolutely still'; 'iron is absolutely necessary'.
(adv.) completely and without qualification; used informally as intensifiers; 'an absolutely magnificent painting'; 'a perfectly idiotic idea'; 'you're perfectly right'; 'utterly miserable'; 'you can be dead sure of my innocence'; 'was dead tired'; 'dead right'.
(adv.) In an absolute, independent, or unconditional manner; wholly; positively.
ad. . Completely, unconditionally, without limit.. Truly, actually, positively, indeed, really, in fact, in reality, in truth.
- These good people were absolutely ignorant that their land contained that which was quite as valuable as a gold-mine. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- That she had chosen to move away from him in this moment of her trouble made everything harder to say, but he must absolutely go on. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- So I had plenty of occupation, which I was glad of; and as to Charley, she was absolutely not to be seen for needlework. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- She is so absolutely to be relied on as that? 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Vain, ignorant, idle, and absolutely uncontrolled! 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- I have absolutely no friends. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Courageous as I am by nature, I absolutely trembled at the idea! 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- It was absolutely necessary to interrupt him now. 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- It's always better to make such a change before it's absolutely necessary. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- It was absolutely certain, therefore, in spite of her denial, that she must know something of the matter. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- There is absolutely no reason why horses should be allowed within city limits; for between the gasoline and the electric car, no room is left for them. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Its performance on its first trial trip was absolutely astounding to every observer. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Hers absolutely? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Weather becomes absolutely of no consequence. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- If robbery for the purpose of gain was at the bottom of the conspiracy, the Colonel's instructions absolutely made the Diamond better worth stealing. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Why, Fanny, you are absolutely in a reverie. 简·奥斯汀. 曼斯菲尔德庄园.
- For while it is illuminating to see how environment moulds men, it is absolutely essential that men regard themselves as moulders of their environment. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- It records an absolutely unique experience in the career both of Mr. Sherlock Holmes and of myself. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- If the seashell were held to the ear in an absolutely quiet room, no sound would be heard, because there would be no external forces to set into vibration the air within the shell. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- And if the Dixons should absolutely deny all knowledge of it we must conclude it to come from the Campbells. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- The diving case is not absolutely water-tight, nor is it desired that it should be so, as the slight leakage acts as a lubricant to the joints, and aids in their movements. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I suppose that we are absolutely safe from eavesdroppers? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- Absolutely not. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- No, but it did not absolutely rain when I set out. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- Dear, Miss Woodhouse, I was absolutely miserable! 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- And you still believe absolutely that your cause is right? 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Pray, lie down there and make yourself absolutely at home. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- His hair, which absolutely grew in full ringlets, was of the very finest silken quality. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- Of my creation and creator I was absolutely ignorant; but I knew that I possessed no money, no friends, no kind of property. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- Nearly all our orchidaceous plants absolutely require the visits of insects to remove their pollen-masses and thus to fertilise them. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.