(pl. ) of Child
(n.) pl. of Child.
pl. of CHILD.
To dream of seeing many beautiful children is portentous of great prosperity and blessings. For a mother to dream of seeing her child sick from slight cause, she may see it enjoying robust health, but trifles of another nature may harass her. To see children working or studying, denotes peaceful times and general prosperity. To dream of seeing your child desperately ill or dead, you have much to fear, for its welfare is sadly threatened. To dream of your dead child, denotes worry and disappointment in the near future. To dream of seeing disappointed children, denotes trouble from enemies, and anxious forebodings from underhanded work of seemingly friendly people. To romp and play with children, denotes that all your speculating and love enterprises will prevail.
- Even the children were instructed, each to dip a wooden spoon into Mr. Micawber's pot, and pledge us in its contents. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- If God would give me back my children, then I could pray. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Don't tell me, Mrs. Archer would say to her children, all this modern newspaper rubbish about a New York aristocracy. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Secondly, In Pennsylvania there is no right of primogeniture, and lands, like moveables, are divided equally among all the children of the family. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- His place is there as well as yours, and the children need him. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- He was very imperious, and harsh to the children. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Not to mention that women and children are most subject to pity, as being most guided by that faculty. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- I am sure she will be pleased with the children. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- We were sidetracked for a long time this side of Mestre and children came and peeked in. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Their notions relating to the duties of parents and children differ extremely from ours. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- He used to tell me that I was the most beautiful woman in Louisiana, he was so proud of me and the children. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Can it give me back my children, or make me what I used to be? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- I bemoaned my desolate widow and fatherless children. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- If she leaves no children---- Which she is likely to do? 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- How many children had this man? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.