[dɪ'spəʊz(ə)l] or [dɪ'spozl]
(noun.) the act or means of getting rid of something.
(noun.) a kitchen appliance for disposing of garbage.
(noun.) the power to use something or someone; 'used all the resources at his disposal'.
(n.) The act of disposing, or disposing of, anything; arrangement; orderly distribution; a putting in order; as, the disposal of the troops in two lines.
(n.) Ordering; regulation; adjustment; management; government; direction.
(n.) Regulation of the fate, condition, application, etc., of anything; the transference of anything into new hands, a new place, condition, etc.; alienation, or parting; as, a disposal of property.
(n.) Power or authority to dispose of, determine the condition of, control, etc., especially in the phrase at, or in, the disposal of.
n. . Arrangement, disposition.. Management, control, government, regulation, disposure, direction, ordering, conduct.. Dispensation, distribution, bestowment.
- Some weeks of spare time were at my disposal, before I entered on my functions by establishing myself in the suburbs of London. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- I am authorised to tell him that Miss Verinder willingly consents to place her house at our disposal; and, that said, I am desired to add no more. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- All church preferments were in this manner in the disposal of the church. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- I began with such scanty sources of information as were at my own disposal. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- He declared himself entirely at her disposal: the adventure struck him as diverting. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- There is my card, sir, and if my evidence can be of help in your trial, it shall be at your disposal. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- His assistant--a certain Mr. Ezra Jennings--was at our disposal, to be sure. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- He really wants sleep; and Lady Verinder's medicine chest is at my disposal. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Mr Rokesmith,' said she, resignedly, 'has been so polite as to place his sitting-room at our disposal to-day. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Instead, it put at the disposal of a class the means to secure their old ends of aggrandizement at the expense of another class. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- In London, it is needless to say, they had their organisation at their disposal to keep them informed of events. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Leave him here at my disposal, in case I want him--and allow me to wish you good morning. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- My time is at Miss Halcombe's disposal, he replied. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- She seems a minor, and must therefore be at our royal disposal in marriage. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- Under these circumstances, I could only inform Sir Percival that my services were at the disposal of Miss Halcombe and Lady Glyde. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.