(adj.) overlaid or spread or topped with or enclosed within something; sometimes used as a combining form; 'women with covered faces'; 'covered wagons'; 'a covered balcony' .
(imp. & p. p.) of Cover
(a.) Under cover; screened; sheltered; not exposed; hidden.
(imp. & p. p.) of Covet
- The shoes are then covered with a coat of rubber varnish, and are put into cars and run into the vulcanizing ovens, where they remain from six to seven hours at a temperature of about 275°. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- We drove slowly in this matting-covered tunnel and came out onto a bare cleared space where the railway station had been. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- The battle-field was so densely covered with forest that but little could be seen, by any one person, as to the progress made. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- He covered with his hand the upper part of his face, but did not conceal his mouth, where I saw hovering an expression I liked. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Over this is placed a water-tight covering of pegamoid, and the lower part covered with light silk. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- He experimented with bundles of iron wires variously insulated, also with sheet-iron rolled cylindrically and covered with iron wire wound concentrically. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- It was spacious, and I dare say had once been handsome, but every discernible thing in it was covered with dust and mould, and dropping to pieces. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- I'm covered with weales and I smart so! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- The lower levels of the Mesozoic land were no doubt covered by great fern brakes and shrubby bush and a kind of jungle growth of trees. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- It resulted in securing more advanced positions for all our troops where they were fully covered from the fire of the enemy. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- They lighted up Rebecca's figure to admiration, as she sat on a sofa covered with a pattern of gaudy flowers. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- He sowed different seeds from the same machine, and arranged that they might be covered at different depths. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Got your saddles covered up good? 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- The Holly converter, covered by United States patents No. 86,303, and No. 86,304, January 26, 1869, represented one of the most important American developments of the Bessemer converter. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The artist then has a limited portion of the wall covered over with a fine sort of plaster, and upon this he traces from his cartoon the part of the design suited for the space. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The completed rail is then covered with a finishing strip, known as the blind rail, which covers the unsightly bolt heads and adds to the artistic effect of the table. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The hole at the bottom of the lowest was covered with a small pot, into the sides of which had been bored a number of holes. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- I could resist it no longer--I caught her in my arms, and covered her face with kisses. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Sir, I _feel_ honest enough, said Graham; and a genuine English blush covered his face with its warm witness of sincerity. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Not up, I replied, for I noticed particularly that while the building is roofless it is covered with a strong metal grating. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- Keep thee well covered, _Ingl閟_, when daylight comes. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- A typical form of his transmitter, see Fig. 55, was a box covered with a vibrating membrane E, and provided with a mouth-piece at one side. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- About noon I dragged myself wearily to the portals of a huge building which covered perhaps four square miles and towered two hundred feet in the air. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- The Otto engine is covered by patent No. 194,047, August 14, 1877. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Our lines covered his front, with the six miles separating the two wings guarded by but a single division. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- She covered her with noiseless kisses; she murmured love over her, like a cushat fostering its young. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Fundamentally, the elements involved in a discussion of value have been covered in the prior discussion of aims and interests. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- It was a little black leather-covered rectangular box, about six inches long, with a sort of blind eye at one end closed by a cylindrical shutter, substantially as seen in Fig. 203. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Ages ago trees and bushes grew thick and fast, and the ground was always covered with a deep layer of decaying vegetable matter. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Also, I see that they are covered with dust, and that the dust moves with them as they come, tramp, tramp! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.