[lɪps] or [lɪp]
To dream of thick, unsightly lips, signifies disagreeable encounters, hasty decision, and ill temper in the marriage relation. Full, sweet, cherry lips, indicates harmony and affluence. To a lover, it augurs reciprocation in love, and fidelity. Thin lips, signifies mastery of the most intricate subjects. Sore, or swollen lips, denotes privations and unhealthful desires.
- You ought not to have come today, she said in an altered voice; and suddenly she turned, flung her arms about him and pressed her lips to his. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- I was determined not to open my lips, lest my voice should betray me to Berkeley Craven. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- I saw a grim smile contort Mr. Rochester's lips, and he muttered-- No, by God! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- It's simmering now, so I hope he'll keep out of my way, returned Jo, biting her lips as she glowered at Fred from under her big hat. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- In a moment, laying his finger on his lips, he made a silent gesture to Miss Ophelia to come and look. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Lightwood lifted his head at the neck, and put a wine-glass to his lips. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- And the lips that shall refuse to pledge me to his well-earned fame, I term false and dishonoured, and will so maintain them with my life. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- That consisted of two matchless lips and a cheek only, her head being still enveloped. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Now while she still slept he turned her head and put his lips to hers. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- He pushed his face forward as he spoke and his lips and eyelids were continually twitching like a man with St. Vitus's dance. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- The girl with thick lips put out her tongue again at us. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Paler than marble, with white lips and convulsed features, Idris became aware of my situation. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- I've spoilt her, said he, taking her from me with good humour, and kissing her little hot face and burning lips. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- The bitter waters of life surged high about him, their sterile taste was on his lips. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- As I pressed her dear lips to mine the old feeling of unconquerable power and authority rose in me. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- My Prince, he started, where hast thou-- and then he stopped, but I knew the question that his lips dared not frame. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- She hesitated for a moment, holding the little volume fondly in her hands--then lifted it to her lips and kissed it. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Throughout the whole period of Mr. Candy's illness, from first to last, not one word about the Diamond escaped his lips. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- The truth, lady, though it comes from my lips,' replied the girl. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- She paused again, a little breathless with the unwonted length of her speech, and sat with her lips slightly parted and a deep blush on her cheeks. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Mrs. Manson laid a purple finger on her lips. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- I had a spirit of my own, and I told him they should know the truth from my lips. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- My mother put her hands upon my lips to stop me. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- I saw her lips working and then tears came down her plump cheeks. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- And any one could see that he shook with fear, and that there broke out upon his lips curious white flakes, like thin snow. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Mr. Bumble tasted the medicine with a doubtful look; smacked his lips; took another taste; and put the cup down empty. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- And then, from unseen lips, a cruel and mocking peal of laughter rang through the desolate place. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- Sympathizing was the word on Caroline's lips, but it was not uttered. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- His tutor placed him in a chair; his lips were quivering, his eyes brimming. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- He was smoking a cigarette and he held a bowl of coffee in one hand and blew smoke onto its surface as he raised it to his lips. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.