- As soon as the loss of the wagons and horses was generally known, all the owners came upon me for the valuation which I had given bond to pay. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- The telegraph was still under military control, not having been turned over to the original owners, the Southern Telegraph Company. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The air they claimed too, shared it up, parcelled it out to certain owners, they trespassed in the air to fight for it. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Bale ties themselves have received great attention from inventors, and the most successful have won fortunes for their owners. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- While the benefits derived were not directly pecuniary in their nature, they were such as tended to strengthen commercially the position of the rightful owners of the patents. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- He will take the slaves from their owners and make them his body-guard; these are his trusted friends, who admire and look up to him. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- And their long-departed owners seemed to throng the gloomy cells and corridors with their phantom shapes. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- These are the two sorts of revenue of which the owners have generally most to spare. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- Uncle Alfred isn't like you, and mamma isn't; and then, think of poor old Prue's owners! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- It appears they are uneasy at the state of matters here in the north; they especially condemn the supineness and pusillanimity of the mill-owners. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- But the owners of Lowick apparently had not been travellers, and Mr. Casaubon's studies of the past were not carried on by means of such aids. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- While he was doing this Stephenson was patiently building new locomotives, and trying to induce the mine-owners along the Tyne to replace their horse-cars with his engines. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- I asked what terms were to be offered the owners of the wagons; and I was desired to put on paper the terms that appeared to me necessary. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- One by one I raised the swords to my lips and buckled them again upon their owners. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- It was estimated that in 1770 there were fifteen thousand slaves in Britain, mostly brought over by their owners from the West Indies and Virginia. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Since this work was included, almost every sort of personal property, from key-rings to motor-cycles has been found and restored to the rightful owners. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- But the old faith of the kings, owners, and rulers of the opening twentieth century had faded under the actinic light of scientific criticism. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- The large brand made it possible for cowboys on horseback to separate the cattle of different owners, as the brand could be seen at some distance. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Huge possibilities have remained undeveloped because of the opposition of owners, forestallers, and speculators to their economical exploitation. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- To you, to the clergy perhaps, but not to us mill-owners. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- They were grateful to those others, the pioneers, the new owners, who had opened out the pits, and let forth this stream of plenty. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Its benefits were intercepted by the bigger private owners. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- He says, too, that mill-owners are unpopular. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Here he is, he continued, as we made our way into the weighing enclosure, where only owners and their friends find admittance. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- This success inflamed the wood owners and the charcoal burners and they destroyed Dudley's works. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Ph?nician shipping under Egyptian owners was making its way into the East Indies and perhaps even further into the Pacific. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- She knew enough now to understand many local interests--nay, even some of the technical words employed by the eager mill-owners. 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- The mine-owners in some cases so ught to suppress the news of fatalities. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Stephenson now changed his position from that of an employee of coal-owners to that of employer of many miners himself. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- In the case of cargo vessels, the owners are able to get into touch with them at any point of their voyage. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.