(noun.) the largest ocean in the world.
(adj.) promoting peace; 'the result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up' .
(adj.) disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature; 'the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force'; 'a quiet and peaceable person'; 'in a peaceable and orderly manner' .
(adj.) relating to or bordering the Pacific Ocean; 'Pacific islands' .
(a.) Of or pertaining to peace; suited to make or restore peace; of a peaceful character; not warlike; not quarrelsome; conciliatory; as, pacific words or acts; a pacific nature or condition.
a. . Conciliatory, appeasing, mild, peace-making.. Peaceful, peaceable, tranquil, gentle, calm, smooth, quiet, unruffled.
SYN:Conciliatory, mild, appeasing, calm, tranquil, peaceful
ANT:Unconciliatory, harsh, quarrelsome, exasperating, irritating, turbulent, noisy,tumultuous, warlike
- Altogether, on the Isthmus and on the Pacific side, we were delayed six weeks. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Probably the most interesting of them all is the great Robber-crab, which is found on certain islands of the Pacific. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- At that day fifty dollar gold pieces, not the issue of the government, were common on the Pacific coaSt. They were called slugs. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Gould in relation to the Pacific. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- It was seen that the volunteers of the Mexican war largely composed the pioneers to settle up the Pacific coast country. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The Pacific Railway, the first of our half a dozen transcontinental railways, was completed in 1869. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Had Dom Pedro lived to see the Panama-Pacific Exposition he might have listened to Professor Bell talking not merely from the other end of a room, but from the other side of a continent. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- His empire reached already from the Pacific to the Dnieper. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- The kelps are abundant, covering thousands of square miles in the Pacific Ocean, from Mexico to the Arctic Ocean. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- He was very broad-minded and enthusiastic and would rejoice in Watt's improvements of the steam engine or Cook's discoveri es in the South Pacific. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- While I was stationed on the Pacific coast we were free from Indian wars. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Our active policy of the Pacific dated from that hour. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- It is found, it is to be noted, in the warm waters of the Indian and Pacific oceans. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- On its way west in the Pacific the Beagle spent a month at the Galapagos Archipelago, which lies under the equator five or six hundred miles from the mainland. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- Commercial redwood--and there are twenty-one mills cutting redwood--is one of the most valuable woods on the Pacific coast. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.