(adj.) set afire or burning; 'the lighted candles'; 'a lighted cigarette'; 'a lit firecracker' .
(imp. & p. p.) of Light
(imp. & p. p.) of Light
- The boy's eyes had lighted with pleasure as I spoke, and I saw him glance from his rusty trappings to the magnificence of my own. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- If a gas jet is turned on and not lighted, an odor of gas soon becomes perceptible, not only throughout the room, but in adjacent halls and even in distant rooms. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- The room had once been lighted by a small side window, but this had been bricked up, and a lantern skylight was now substituted for it. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- And the twilight, as she now sought to pierce it, was gradually lighted by a faint spark of reassurance. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- In 1792 Murdoch erected a gas distilling apparatus, and lighted his house and offices by gas distributed through service pipes. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- As we advanced the light increased until presently we emerged into well-lighted passageways. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- They lighted up Rebecca's figure to admiration, as she sat on a sofa covered with a pattern of gaudy flowers. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- The soldier with the basket soon got a light, and lighted three or four torches, and took one himself and distributed the others. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- The gas first evaporating is nitrogen, and a lighted match applied to the surface of the liquid is quickly extinguished, since nitrogen does not support combustion. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The stranger produced a match, and lighted a cigar, saying, as he did so, Decentish kind o' wench you've got round there, stranger. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Bella's eyes followed him to the door, lighted on Mr Boffin complacently thrown back in his easy chair, and drooped over her book. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Miss Pross had lighted the lamp, but had put it aside in a corner, that they might enjoy the fire-light undisturbed. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.
- She went into the kitchen, and stirred up the fire, and lighted the house, and prepared for the wanderer's refreshment. 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- I felt apprehensive that I was personally interested in this dialogue, and sought Mr. Murdstone's eye as it lighted on mine. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- Before I could knock at the door it was suddenly opened, and a man came running out with a lighted lantern in his hand. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- He lighted the candle from the flaring match with great deliberation, and dropped the match, and trod it out. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Lizzie finished putting the hair carefully back over the misshapen shoulders, and then lighted a candle. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- It was lighted before ours was, Fairway continued; and yet every one in the country round is out afore 'n. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Grant Munro rushed into the lighted room at the top, and we entered at his heels. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- You were satisfied that he could not have been concealed in the room all the time, or in the corridor which you have just described as dimly lighted? 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- Far below me lay the brilliantly lighted streets, the hard pavements, and death. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- It lighted up the room where the murdered woman lay. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- The troops lighted their way through this with candles carried in their hands for a mile and a half, when they came to an open plantation. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- She took it up, and we went through more passages and up a staircase, and still it was all dark, and only the candle lighted us. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- She brought his cigar and lighted it for him; she knew the effect of that manoeuvre, having practised it in former days upon Rawdon Crawley. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Richard expressed himself quite sure of that and lighted Mr. Vholes out. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Her face lighted up. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- One after another, Birkin lighted their cigarettes. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- The candles lighted up Lord Steyne's shining bald head, which was fringed with red hair. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- To insure the attention of the attendant, a tiny electric lamp is by the same action lighted directly in front of her, which acts as a pilot signal to call her attention to the drop. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.