['keəfʊl;-f(ə)l] or ['kɛrfl]
(adj.) exercising caution or showing care or attention; 'they were careful when crossing the busy street'; 'be careful to keep her shoes clean'; 'did very careful research'; 'careful art restorers'; 'careful of the rights of others'; 'careful about one's behavior' .
(adj.) unhurried and with care and dignity; 'walking at the same measured pace'; 'with all deliberate speed' .
(adj.) mindful of the future in spending money; 'careful with money' .
(adj.) cautiously attentive; 'careful of her feelings'; 'heedful of his father's advice' .
(adj.) full of cares or anxiety; 'Thou art careful and troubled about many things'-Luke 10.41 .
(a.) Full of care; anxious; solicitous.
(a.) Filling with care or solicitude; exposing to concern, anxiety, or trouble; painful.
(a.) Taking care; giving good heed; watchful; cautious; provident; not indifferent, heedless, or reckless; -- often followed by of, for, or the infinitive; as, careful of money; careful to do right.
a. . [Rare.] Anxious, solicitous, concerned, troubled, uneasy.. Heedful, PROVIDENT, attentive, thoughtful.. Watchful, cautious, circumspect, vigilant.
- I was very careful indeed as to that. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Oh, I've been careful, I can tell you! 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Don't be uneasy if I am a little late--I must be careful not to give offence by leaving them too soon. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Of course we are very careful and we make no disturbance in these hills. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Now be careful, sir! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- He becomes careful to instruct them, and attentive to assist and relieve them. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- An acquaintance with the apprentices of booksellers enabled me sometimes to borrow a small one, which I was careful to return soon and clean. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- O the days that he had seen her careful and laborious for him! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- The steel for the manufacture of dies is carefully selected, forged at a high heat into the rough die, softened by careful annealing, and then handed over to the engraver. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Be careful that the starch is rubbed in until the right side is wet all over. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- And now I made a very careful examination of the corner of paper which the Inspector had submitted to us. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- This he opened and made a very careful examination of the sill with his powerful magnifying lens. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- Of course I shall be careful to conceal any traces of this interview from Mr and Mrs Boffin, as long as I remain here. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Don't keep him too warm, ma'am; but be careful that you don't let him be too cold; will you have the goodness? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- Be a good boy and be careful. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Then, mind what I told you,' said the matron: 'and be careful to say as little as you can, or you'll betray us at once. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- But be careful, for I've got the devil in me! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Be careful of the horses, Sam; you know Jerry was a little lame last week; _don't ride them too fast_. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- He was careful to cut the sticks of the proper width, so that the letters would not be too far apart when they should be used for printing. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- I gave him a little brandy and left him collapsed in a chair, while I made a most careful examination of the room. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- By careful selection, many strange varieties have been propagated. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Be careful with that money and that bullet on the string. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- We'll have to be awfully careful. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Do your duty, but be careful not to overstep it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- In their marriages, they are exactly careful to choose such colours as will not make any disagreeable mixture in the breed. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- The girl had been so careful as to put the quilt of her baby's bed into it, for me to lie down on. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- The wording of Rousseau will repay careful study. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- We must be careful,' said Mr. Pickwick, after listening attentively to Sam's tale, 'not for our sakes, but for that of the young lady. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- It shows, besides, that you are mindful of what you owe; it makes you appear a careful as well as an honest man, and that still increases your credit. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- St. Luke is careful not to commit himself; he does not say it is the street which is straight, but the street which is called Straight. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.