[,bærəʊ'metrɪk] or [,bærə'mɛtrɪk]
(adj.) relating to atmospheric pressure or indicated by a barometer; 'barometric pressure' .
(a.) Alt. of Barometrical
- By the aid of these lines the barometric conditions over a large area can be studied. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Pour mercury into the tube until the difference in level _bd_ is just equal to the barometric height, approximately 32 inches. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- It is entirely a question of barometric pressure. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- If a line were drawn through all points on the surface of the earth having an equal barometric pressure at the same time, such a line would be called an isobar. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Taking a barometric reading consists in measuring the height of the mercury column. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.