[sɪg'nɪfɪk(ə)ntlɪ] or [sɪg'nɪfɪkəntli]
(adv.) in a significant manner; 'our budget will be significantly affected by these new cuts'.
(adv.) in a statistically significant way; 'the two groups differed significantly'.
(adv.) In a significant manner.
- Such aid is not always effectual, said Justinian significantly, whereat the Greek shrugged his shoulders, but made no reply. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Crispin glanced at Maurice significantly, and Justinian caught the look with his accustomed keen-sightedness. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Mr. Sykes now addressed Mr. Helstone, who stood on the hearth, his shovel-hat on his head, watching him significantly with his little, keen eyes. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- They turned away from me as soon as he had spoken, and looked significantly at his wife. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- As we crossed the lawn, Miss Halcombe looked at me significantly, and shook her head. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Artemis waited a long time for her shepherd, but he came at last, said the Greek significantly. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- You take credit to yourself when none is due, replied Crispin significantly. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- It's the undeserving I'm againSt. Ah, there it is, you see, there it is, said Mr. Trumbull, significantly. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- They are here,' added the count, tapping his forehead significantly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- Miss Podsnap nodded significantly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- But Socrates is not disposed to quarrel about words, if, as he significantly insinuates, his adversary has changed his mind. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- The young couple only stared at her, and looked significantly at each other, to know what to do. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- His silence said significantly, It's your turn now. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Oh, cried Miss Steele, looking significantly round at them, I dare say Lucy's beau is quite as modest and pretty behaved as Miss Dashwood's. 简·奥斯汀. 理智与情感.
- The mulberry man nodded significantly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- Before leaving Ansonia, Edison remarked, significantly: Wallace, I believe I can beat you making electric lights. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- She smiled significantly as she replaced the card. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- He sighed deeply, significantly, at the close of every sentence; he sighed in each pause; he sighed ere he opened his mouth. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- And we can't possibly get out, replied Crispin significantly; it is too dangerous. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- But the principle applies even more significantly to the field where we are apt to ignore it--the sphere of social contacts. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- I looked round at the lawyer, and then looked significantly towards the man in the suit of sober grey. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- The old gentleman in the tortoise-shell spectacles looked at his companion, he nodded significantly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 雾都孤儿.
- Laura had taken my arm while he was speaking and she pressed it significantly when he had done. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- No farther than this, retorted Justinian significantly. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Ay, if treachery does not gain an entrance, retorted Crispin significantly; and that is always possible when there is a traitor within the walls. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Or his Lemprière, muttered Crispin significantly. 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.
- Napier offered me his arm, to follow, and Julia held up her finger significantly to me, saying, Remember. 哈里特·威尔逊. 哈里特·威尔逊回忆录.
- The son walked up to the pot of ale, and nodding significantly to his parent, took a long draught by way of reply. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- Nothing, said Miss Ophelia, significantly. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- When Laurie said good-by, he whispered significantly, It won't do a bit of good, Jo. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.