- That was long before invention became a research department full of engineers. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The thought, taken up by electrical engineers, brought out an electric toaster, rectangular in shape, with handsome frame, nickel supports and wire heating element. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- It is as an inventor that he sets himself down in the membership list of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Casey, of the United States Corps of Engineers. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Among the most successful of those engineers, who constructed steam carriages to run on roads, were Mr. Gurney, Mr. Birstall, Mr. Trevethick, Mr. Handcock, and Colonel Maceroni. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- He sent a model of this to the Institute of Mechanical Engineers at Birmingham, of which he was president, together with a report describing it in full. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- For this reason engineers, wherever possible, level down the steep places, and reduce the strain as far as possible. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Robert Stephenson was the engineer of this great structure, aided by the suggestions of Fairbairn and other eminent engineers. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- It is being built by American engineers, and is to cost $3,000,000. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- These problems have received the attention of the keenest inventors and electrical engineers and have been solved. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Engineers who came from a distance to examine the railroad were amazed at the smoothness of travel over it. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- The problem of the incline is an important one to engineers who have under their direction the construction of our highways and the laying of our railroad tracks. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Some engineers have been tempted to call him a lucky amateur, a talented artist who happened to become interested in new methods of navigation. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- He was only doing in his own fashion what all engineers and manufacturers are trying to do in other ways all the year round. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I bought wholesale and at a low price, and permitted the wives of the engineers and trainmen to have the benefit of the discount. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Then the telephone company gave me a dinner, and the engineers of France; and I attended the dinner celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of the discovery of photography. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- This was the first professional card, if it may be so described, ever issued in America by a firm of electrical engineers, and is here reproduced. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- An immense bog, called Chat Moss, had to be crossed, and Stephenson was the only one of the engineers concerned who did not doubt whether such a crossing were really possible. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Because of these facts, engineers spend great sums in grading down railroad beds, making them as nearly level as possible. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- We shall be making our own house for our own needs, cities to suit ourselves, and we shall believe ourselves capable of moving mountains, as engineers do, when mountains stand in their way. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- AN applicant for membership in the Engineers' Club of Philadelphia is required to give a brief statement of the professional work he has done. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- They result by a criminal neglect of builders or engineers to provide themselves with such devices, or by a most ignorant or careless management and operation of simple actuating mechanisms. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Holland, Germany, France, England and America have, through some of their ablest hydraulic engineers and inventors, produced most remarkable results in these various forms of pumps. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Henderson, one of his mechanical engineers, to see the road when it was in operation, and we went down one day--Edison, Henderson, and I--and went on the locomotive. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Expert engineers were introduced in every department. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Pope, the well-known Secretary of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, who had as a youth an active and intimate connection with that branch of electrical industry. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In spite of this discouraging mishap the engineers and others present felt confidence in the aeroplane's power to fly. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- One could count so-called electrical engineers on his fingers then, and have some fingers left over. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I handed him the pistol and he walked down to where the sergeant of engineers lay face down across the road. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Engineers are not sufficiently alive to the importance of improvements in this respect. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.