['pleɪsɪz] or ['plesɪz]
- You perceive several places where it has passed across and obliterated the more shallow mark of the front one. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- The same girl who feeds the gum into the wrapping machine closes the lids of the boxes and places them on a packing table by her side. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Go before me and show me all those dreadful places. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- But there was a systematic hunt for the copies of Holy Writ, and in many places a systematic destruction of Christian churches. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- And the only way he could get to know anatomy as he did, was by going to snatch bodies at night, from graveyards and places of execution. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- A brilliant liter ary man of the present day considers that places in the first ranks of literature are reserved for the doctrinally heterodox. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- You have not come up to London, of all places in the world, to tell us that, my dear Sir, have you? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- We must then pay the salaries in order to enrich ourselves with these places. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- Some miles from New Carthage the levee to Bayou Vidal was broken in several places, overflowing the roads for the distance of two miles. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The more diversified in habits and structure the descendants of our carnivorous animals become, the more places they will be enabled to occupy. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- When the air descends with a violence in some places, it may rise with equal violence in others, and form both kinds of whirlwinds. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- One of his favourite amusements, we are told, was the expensive one of rolling elephants down precipitous places in order to watch their sufferings. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Therefore the young man, slightly too dictatorial, directed the guests to their places. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Mr. Dowler paid his bill, and hurried out with his travelling cap, coat, and cloak; and Mr. Pickwick and his friends followed to secure their places. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- We have changed places, Percival, for once, and Madame Fosco's opinion is--mine. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- All the unowned dogs who stray into the Inns of Court and pant about staircases and other dry places seeking water give short howls of aggravation. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- A more authentic tradition, aided by the geography of the country, places the pit in Dothan, some two days' journey from here. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- Finally the fire communicated with our breastworks, in places. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Nay, the very animals in a democratic State have a freedom which is unknown in other places. 柏拉图. 理想国.
- Gerald had penetrated all the outer places of Gudrun's soul. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- And I know brickmakers go about working at piecework in different places. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- He got upon that road, destroyed its bridges at different places and rendered the road useless to the enemy up to within a few miles of Lynchburg. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- But that she held George's hand in her own, perhaps she would have liked to change places with. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- If the contents of the silo heat up to different degrees in different places we cannot expect them to be uniform in quality, though all will be eaten by the stock. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- There was a morning concert advertised for to-morrow, and Samuel was ordered to take places for a large party, including a place for Mr. Ablewhite. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Here and there, the set of the current had worn down the bank into a little creek, and we were all suspicious of such places, and eyed them nervously. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Why, send them to the calaboose, or some of the other places to be flogged. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Few ways of life were hidden from Physician, and he was oftener in its darkest places than even Bishop. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- Adding machines may be found at work in all kinds of business places from corner groceries to department stores and manufacturing plants. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The expense of a riding school is so great, that in most places it is a public institution. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.