[sætɪs'fækt(ə)rɪ] or [,sætɪs'fæktəri]
(adj.) meeting requirements; 'the step makes a satisfactory seat' .
(adj.) giving satisfaction; 'satisfactory living conditions'; 'his grades were satisfactory' .
(a.) Giving or producing satisfaction; yielding content; especially, relieving the mind from doubt or uncertainty, and enabling it to rest with confidence; sufficient; as, a satisfactory account or explanation.
(a.) Making amends, indemnification, or recompense; causing to cease from claims and to rest content; compensating; atoning; as, to make satisfactory compensation, or a satisfactory apology.
a. . Gratifying, pleasing.. Sufficient, conclusive, convincing, decisive.. Compensating, atoning, that makes amends.
- The sitting was altogether very satisfactory; she was quite enough pleased with the first day's sketch to wish to go on. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- It furnishes profitable amusement to the young, and satisfactory aid to the nervous and paralytic. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- For a year or more I had endeavoured to find a satisfactory answer to her often-repeated question, 'What I would like to be? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- I announced myself and was disposed of with the highly satisfactory results embodied before you. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I guess it was satisfactory; we got the money, which was the main point to us. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I am aware that Sir Percival Glyde's explanation has been considered satisfactory. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Thus the first act closed in a manner which was entirely satisfactory. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- A more satisfactory arrangement to both sides could not possibly have been adopted. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- This arrangement was generally satisfactory, but the resistance-boxes scattered about the platform and foot-rests being in the way, Edison directed that some No. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Now, about the pecuniary arrangements between us--do tell me--are they satisfactory? 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- He wrote to Leverrier in reference to the errors of the radius vector and received a satisfactory and sufficiently compliant reply. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- It would be far more satisfactory to your kind heart, I know,' he said, 'to provide for her, but it may be a duty to respect this independent spirit. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Only through them, in the literal time sense, will the initial activities reach a satisfactory consummation. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- Is Anything satisfactory, Mr Boffin? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- One night, after receiving a satisfactory report of progress from Mr. Mason, superintendent of the cement plant, he said: The only way to keep ahead of the procession is to experiment. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- It is also noted that In 1874 Edison invented a method of simultaneous transmission by induced currents, which has given very satisfactory results in experimental trials. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Upon examination, I find only one of the reasons commonly produced for this opinion to be satisfactory, viz. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- It was hasty enough, but perfectly satisfactory. 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- An example will, perhaps, be the most satisfactory explanation. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- He recalled the émigrés, provided they gave satisfactory assurances to respect the new régime. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- I ask the same question concerning the impressions of these tables; and find that the answer is no more satisfactory in one case than in the other. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- The outcome of the mixture is perhaps less satisfactory than if either principle were adhered to in its purity. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- This was not satisfactory, but I regarded it as deserving another letter and wrote him as follows: April 8, 1865. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- This dredge is the only one found satisfactory in excavating rock. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- This is satisfactory,' said Wardle, hardly knowing whether to smile or be offended. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- Pointing to this result as a large and satisfactory one, Mr Boffin smeared it out with his moistened glove, and sat down on the remains. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Two different answers, I find, have been made to this argument; neither of which is in my opinion satisfactory. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- Thank your ladyship, says Mr. Guppy; quite satisfactory. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- That's not satisfactory, you know, what you're a-saying. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Simple and satisfactory. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.