[ə'weə] or [ə'wɛr]
(adj.) (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing knowledge or understanding or realization or perception; 'was aware of his opponent's hostility'; 'became aware of her surroundings'; 'aware that he had exceeded the speed limit' .
(a.) Watchful; vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
(a.) Apprised; informed; cognizant; conscious; as, he was aware of the enemy's designs.
a. Mindful, conscious, cognizant, observant, apprised, sensible, convinced, persuaded.
SYN:Conscious, sensible, informed, certified, assured, known, apprised, cognizant
ANT:Unconscious, insensible, ignorant, unaware, uninformed
adj. wary: informed conscious (with of)—ns. Aware′dom (H. Walpole) Aware′ness.
- Bois-Guilbert made an effort to suppress his rising scorn and indignation, the expression of which, he was well aware, would have little availed him. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- He wondered at her, knowing she was aware of his presence. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- We were aware, I answered, that the malady was considered infectious. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- I make the schoolmaster so ridiculous, and so aware of being made ridiculous, that I see him chafe and fret at every pore when we cross one another. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I am aware that this is a pretty voluminous notice of Mr. Grimes' book. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- I am not speaking to you politely; but, as you are aware, I am _not_ polite. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Paler than marble, with white lips and convulsed features, Idris became aware of my situation. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- She was aware of Mademoiselle standing near, like a little French beetle, observant and calculating. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- I was brought up in that catechism when I was very young, sir, as you are aware. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Butthat he should talk of encouragement, should consider her as aware of his views, accepting his attentions, meaning (in short), to marry him! 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- He had arrived on the evening of the 5th, but had not advised me of the fact and I was not aware of it until some time after. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Yes, I am aware they ought to be, my dear,' rejoined her father, 'but they--ain't. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- After that Archer was but intermittently aware of the remarks they exchanged. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- You must have been aware, continued Sir Thomas presently, you must have been some time aware of a particularity in Mr. Crawford's manners to you. 简·奥斯汀. 曼斯菲尔德庄园.
- I am well aware that nothing else will quiet Tom. 简·奥斯汀. 曼斯菲尔德庄园.
- Warren was not aware of his presence, but probably supposed it was the cavalry which Merritt had engaged earlier in the day. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Are you not aware, I said, that the soul of man is immortal and imperishable? 柏拉图. 理想国.
- She is not a clever girl, but she has better sense than you are aware of, and does not deserve to have her understanding spoken of so slightingly. 简·奥斯汀. 爱玛.
- I am aware that Sir Percival Glyde's explanation has been considered satisfactory. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Not that Emmy, being made aware of the honest Major's passion, rebuffed him in any way, or felt displeased with him. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- You are not aware of what you are doing. 简·奥斯汀. 理智与情感.
- Newland Archer had been aware of these things ever since he could remember, and had accepted them as part of the structure of his universe. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- You are not aware, perhaps, that I have had a visitor this morning. 简·奥斯汀. 曼斯菲尔德庄园.
- Now, I am aware that there was a most deplorable occurrence in our house last night. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- He is aware of the importance of 'classifying according to nature,' and will try to 'separate the limbs of science without breaking them' (PhaeDr.). 柏拉图. 理想国.
- It was gleaming like fire, watching her, waiting for her to be aware. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- I am well aware of it, my dear,' returned the cherub, 'and I resign you willingly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- As she passed Mr. Gryce, the train gave a lurch, and he was aware of a slender hand gripping the back of his chair. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- He took none that could be detected, but, aware of his employer's suspicions, stood with his eyes on the ground. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- You probably are not aware of that, but I assure you it's the fact. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.