[jiː] or [ji]
(-) Alt. of Ye
(-) an old method of printing the article the (AS. /e), the "y" being used in place of the Anglo-Saxon thorn (/). It is sometimes incorrectly pronounced ye. See The, and Thorn, n., 4.
(n.) An eye.
(pron.) The plural of the pronoun of the second person in the nominative case.
(adv.) Yea; yes.
pron. the nom. pl. of the 2d person—in old English ye was always used as a nominative and you as a dative or accusative as in the English Bible.
- I have something beyond this, but I will call it a defect, not an endowment, if it leads me to misery, while ye are happy. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- I will discipline my sorrowing heart to sympathy in your joys; I will be happy, because ye are so. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Ye couldn't treat a poor sinner, now, to a bit of sermon, could ye,--eh? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- I see what ye mean now. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Ye can do not mich, poor young lass! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- The Lord bless ye! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Lord bless ye, Tom, ye needn't break all the glasses! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Please, sir, there's twelve gentlemen wants to see ye, 'for a purpose. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Don't ye be afeard for me, neighbours. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Your ladyship will pardon my freedom, I remarked, in conclusion, but it is said, 'by their fruits ye shall know them. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- Drink all ye want, she said; I knew how it would be. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- And, I'll tell him ye won't let the women come to the mills, yo old nigger! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Ye--yes--yes, sir, said Mr. Wilson, like one speaking in a dream. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- I conceived the idea that the time when the banns were read and when the clergyman said, Ye are now to declare it! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Neighbours, if Mrs. Yeobright were to die, d'ye think we should be took up and tried for the manslaughter of a woman? 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Ye meant well. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Fit for ye, at ony rate. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- I forgot to introjuice him to ye). 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- Ye an't 'fended, Mas'r George? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- If he'd hear to me, he wouldn't trust any on ye--slippery as eels! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Have ye brought your cart far up, neighbour reddleman? 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Hasn't ye 'eard that devil's spawn of a capting an' is mates knockin' the bloomin' lights outen 'arf the crew? 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- Ye'll be jingling into poetry just e'now. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- I'll warrant ye, said the drover, holds it and makes money out of it, and then turns round and brands the boy in his right hand. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- I'll crack ye over, if ye don't mind! 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- So, then, ye'r fairly sewed up, an't ye? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Han't ye never heard of Jesus Christ? 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Then shall he say unto them, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these my brethren, ye did it not to me. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such things ye do. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Arise, ye Greeks, and break your chains! 弗格斯·休姆. 奇幻岛.