['ɪnst(ə)ntlɪ] or ['ɪnstəntli]
(adv.) Without the least delay or interval; at once; immediately.
(adv.) With urgency or importunity; earnestly; pressingly.
ad. Immediately, forthwith, INSTANTER, in an instant, on the instant, in a moment, right away, without a moment's delay, all at once, on the spur of the moment, in less than no time, quick as thought, quick as lightning, before one can say Jack Robinson.""
SYN:Immediately, forthwith, straightway, directly, presently, at_once,without_delay
ANT:At_a_future_time, with_delay, in_the_future,[See DIRECTLY]
- He instantly jumped up, and it was not the same man, but another man! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- The effect instantly ceases when the current is interrupted by breaking connection with either pole of the battery. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- You heard the report and then the shriek commenced almost instantly. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- Of course they stopped too, instantly. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Miss Lucas perceived him from an upper window as he walked towards the house, and instantly set out to meet him accidentally in the lane. 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- Her old bold life and habit instantly inspired her. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Bring up the warm water instantly--instantly! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- I had turned to go back to my own room for a minute or two, but the sound of Laura's name on the lips of a stranger stopped me instantly. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- My aunt instantly paid him the money, and sent him off. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- He sat down again instantly, and asked for a little drop of comfort out of the Dutch bottle. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Rid me of you instantly--instantly! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Instantly her tears ceased. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- Don't let us speak of it: I was very sorry for you, she said, with a tinge of disdain which, as she instantly perceived, was not lost on him. 伊迪丝·华顿. 快乐之家.
- It would of course instantly strike him that he must get rid of the tell-tale garments. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯历险记.
- Instantly cries and exclamations of excitement burst from the crowd at the gate. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Away, seek them out instantly--and hark thee, if a byzant or two will sharpen their memory, let them not be wanting. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- She recovered herself instantly, coloured for a moment--and then, with a charming frankness, offered me her hand. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- They instantly carried it to the cottage of an old woman near the spot, and endeavoured, but in vain, to restore it to life. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- I approached and knocked at the door, which was instantly opened by a tall, gaunt woman with a harsh, forbidding face. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- I was instantly aroused, and, with the two footmen, started off at once in search of the missing girl. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- If you could have pointed him out, I would have committed him instantly,' said the judge. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- Bisulphide of carbon was found to do it instantly. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- I exclaimed when I had read her letter, I will write instantly, and relieve them from the anxiety they must feel. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- The other servants were soon alarmed, and we sent for the local police, who instantly communicated with London. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- The coachman instantly drove off as soon as he had got his fare: the watermen commenced a struggle for me and my trunk. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- He was instantly made prisoner, and pulled from his horse by two or three of the banditti who crowded around him. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- The Sergeant recovered himself instantly. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- If anybody, of whatsoever degree, said a word that he didn't approve of, he instantly required to have it taken down. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- The shriek at the name, the reiterated look of hatred and fear that instantly followed, told all. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- If that's Tom Tootle,' Miss Abbey made proclamation, in her most commanding tones, 'let him instantly come underneath here. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.