(adv.) in a reflex manner; 'he answered automatically'.
(adv.) In an automatic manner.
- Safety clutches are numerous, by which the machine is quickly and automatically stopped by the action of electro-magnets should a workman or other obstruction be caught in the machinery. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- On the edge of her consciousness the question was asking itself, automatically: 'Why ARE you behaving in this IMPOSSIBLE and ridiculous fashion. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- No sooner does an article become extensively used than a machine is made for turning it out automatically. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- In other words, the very faults that we noted in the negative, from a picture point of view, automatically right themselves. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Air engines have been invented which can be used to either heat or cool the air, or do one or the other automatically. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- The function of the floating weight is to automatically keep the stylus in close engagement with the record, thus insuring accuracy of reproduction. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Eggs and nuts are cracked without being crushed, and the power exerted and the strain endured automatically recorded. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- These transplanters will dig the plant trench, distribute the fertiliser, set the plant, pack the earth and water the plant, automatically. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- They cling to some arrangement, hoping against experience that a government freed from human nature will automatically produce human benefits. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- The meters commonly used measure the amperes, volts, and time automatically, and register the electric power supplied in watt hours. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Taft was the perfect routineer trying to run government as automatically as possible. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- The cloth was automatically shifted to correspond to the pattern to be produced, and thus was chain stitch embroidery first manufactured. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Then he throws in the transmitting apparatus, which automatically disconnects the receiving end. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Every minute, she glanced automatically at the window. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- His mind became dark, he went on automatically. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- At last he turned, still resting against the chair, and stretching his hand automatically towards his hat, said with a sort of exasperation, Good-by. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Each slab is here automatically wrapped in wax and silver-foil papers. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- McCormick was deep in a study of this matter when one day a man named James Withington came to him from Wisconsin, and announced that he had a machine that could automatically bind grain. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Here the material was automatically delivered to the giant rolls. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The building was equipped in such a manner that the striking of the fire-alarm would light every lamp in the house automatically and liberate the horses. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In this way, the number of cubic feet of gas which pass through the meter is automatically registered. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- He therefore planned a system by which the ten thousand bearings in the plant are oiled automatically; requiring the services of only two men for the entire work. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- The phonograph is in reality a development of the phonautograph, which was an instrument invented by Leon Scott in 1857 to automatically record sounds by diagrams. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- Spaulding took out patent No. 103,673 for a binder which automatically regulated the bundles to a uniform size. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- It performs automatically fifteen-sixteenths of the various movements which ordinarily would be performed by hand on a hand machine. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- She also has a water line protection of cocoa fibre to automatically close up an opening made by a shot. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The proper length of wire is fed into the machine automatically, and the end is gripped by a set of jaws. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Such fire alarms can be exchanged automatically, or by operators, and are sometimes associated with a large fire-alarm bell or whistle. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- After full recoil, the gun is automatically returned to its forward position by the action of the coil springs, which are compressed during the recoil. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- In this, the relief blocks are replaced by engraved copper rolls which rotate continuously and in the course of their rotation automatically receive coloring matter on the engraved portion. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.