['ækjʊrəsɪ] or ['ækjərəsi]
(noun.) the quality of being near to the true value; 'he was beginning to doubt the accuracy of his compass'; 'the lawyer questioned the truth of my account'.
(noun.) (mathematics) the number of significant figures given in a number; 'the atomic clock enabled scientists to measure time with much greater accuracy'.
(n.) The state of being accurate; freedom from mistakes, this exemption arising from carefulness; exact conformity to truth, or to a rule or model; precision; exactness; nicety; correctness; as, the value of testimony depends on its accuracy.
n. Exactness, exactitude, correctness, precision, niceness, nicety, truth, accurateness, fidelity.
SYN:Exactness, correctness, strictness, precision, exactitude, nicety, fidelity
ANT:Inexactness, looseness, slovenliness, incorrectness
- But, to that nature, the very unbounded trust reposed in him was bond and seal for the most scrupulous accuracy. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- The last thing at night my wife returned to Blackwater, having followed her instructions with the most unimpeachable accuracy. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- The function of the floating weight is to automatically keep the stylus in close engagement with the record, thus insuring accuracy of reproduction. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- While thus lessening the cost of time-keepers their value has been enhanced by increasing their accuracy and durability. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Tut, tut, Mr. Philander, tut, tut, cautioned Professor Porter, I do not know with accuracy as yet. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- He was of mechanical turn of mind, with an intense hobby for painful accuracy. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Mr. Kruesi was the superintendent, a Swiss trained in the best Swiss ideas of accuracy. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- His lordship carried off the sketch, delighted with the accuracy of the resemblance. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- What accuracy in all the lineaments! 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- Wherever names are written, there you will usually find the addressograph in use, saving time and money, guaranteeing 100 per cent accuracy and insuring maximum efficiency. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- A great deal of this narrative is given in Mr. Edison's own language, from oral or written statements made in reply to questions addressed to him with the object of securing accuracy. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Perhaps its newness, or perhaps the accuracy of his observation of its general look, guided Gaffer to a ready conclusion. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- This is done by a range of machines, which perform the varied operations with wonderful rapidity and accuracy. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- And therefore strict accuracy must always be the measure of merit of a weighing machine. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Scientific accuracy is dependent on words and other means of numerical expression. 李贝. 西洋科学史.