[sə'dʒestid] or [sə'dʒɛstid]
(imp. & p. p.) of Suggest
- It ended in my moving into the house next Lady-day, and starting in practice on very much the same conditions as he had suggested. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- The manifest advantage of an even track for the wheels long ago suggested the idea of laying down wood and other hard, smooth surfaces for carriages to run upon. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- I felt I might, without indelicacy, because the evening she dined with us she rather suggested . 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Under such high patronage most of the ideas and principles of ordnance now prevailing were discovered or suggested, but were embodied for the most part in rude and inefficient contrivances. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- To anybody acquainted with the inhabitants of Egdon Heath the image would have suggested Eustacia Yeobright. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- Your knowledge of the world, dear aunt, is superior to mine, I suggested diffidently. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- Gale suggested that his simple electro-magnet, with its few turns of thick wire, should be replaced by one with a coil of long thin wire. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Old Uncle Peter sung both de legs out of dat oldest cheer, last week, suggested Mose. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- She was not the better pleased with his gallantry from the idea it suggested of something more. 简·奥斯汀. 傲慢与偏见.
- With this idea suggested, one might suppose that it would be a simple matter to make molds and pour in a concrete mixture. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- He entered the town (538 B.C.), probably as we have already suggested, with the connivance of the priests of Bel. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- With the questions of reorganization thus suggested, we shall be concerned in the concluding chapters. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- Or he keeps us, suggested Richard. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- The church-bells were going for a week-day service; they suggested a word of affectionate remonstrance on my part. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- It suggested that at the time of the firing, the window as well as the door of the room had been open. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Better pick up Mr. Melas on our way, I suggested. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- No motive was suggested. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Amy will be in presently, and she will run down for us, suggested Meg. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- Put 'em under the pump,' suggested a hot-pieman. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 匹克威克外传.
- The cap suggested the necessity and invention of machines for making them quickly and in great quantities. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- But, so it has been suggested, there was one man who stopped short when he lost his spindle, for a red-hot idea shot suddenly through his brain. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I cannot say with truth that the terrible inference which those words suggested flashed upon me like a new revelation. 威尔基·柯林斯. 白衣女人.
- And the figure to which it belongs--' Is yours,' suggested Bella. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- After all, he is the one who suggested coming out just now. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- The circumstance on which my story rests was suggested in casual conversation. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- I believe it is suggested; but she denies it. 伊迪丝·华顿. 纯真年代.
- Human nature suggested revenge. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- Ada suggested that it was comfortable to know that Mr. Jellyby did not mean these destructive sentiments. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Rokesmith suggested measles. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- The subjective relation between them further suggested an objective one; although the passage from one to the other is really imaginary (Metaph. 柏拉图. 理想国.