- In agriculture the raising of grain has extended in the Nineteenth Century to enormous proportions. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The table stood in the same place, close by the bedside, and on it, in its real proportions and appearance, was the shape so often repeated. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- But the key was an instrument of such gigantic proportions, that before they started Riah proposed to carry it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- His legs were very robust, but shorter than legs of good proportions should have been. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Chemical analysis shows oleomargarine to have substantially the same constituents and in almost the identical proportions of pure butter. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The proportions between the bank price, the mint price, and the market price of gold bullion, are nearly the same. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- His features were very regular and, like the proportions of his graceful limbs and body, beautiful in the extreme. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- Methought the apartment only was changed, being of different proportions and dimensions. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Thus, there has been initiated the development of a new and important industry whose possible ultimate proportions are beyond the range of present calculation. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- It is not practicable to give a full illustration of the state of the art in typewriters, as it has grown to an industry of large proportions. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- In modern times ring spinning has attained considerable proportions, especially in cotton manufactures. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The produce of the latter may, at different times, bear very different proportions to that value. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- The porous jar is then filled to the same height as the copper solution in the jar with diluted sulphuric acid, in the proportions of one of acid to twenty of water. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- It takes the dimensions and proportions of figures justly; but roughly, and with some liberty. 戴维·休谟. 人性论.
- That they were of goodly proportions I guessed from the fact that the eyes were on a level with my own. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- Gunpowder consists of about 75 parts of saltpetre (nitrate of potash), 15 of charcoal, and 10 of sulphur, the proportions varying somewhat with the use to which it is to be applied. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- In fact, Boyle had sustained the hypothesis that supposes the pressures and expansions to be in reciprocal proportions. 李贝. 西洋科学史.
- If it were attempted to offer here a detailed explanation of the varied and numerous operations of the quadruplex, this article would assume the proportions of a treatise. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Made of larger proportions, this brush has been used for fresco painting, and for painting large objects, such as buildings, which it admits of doing with great rapidity. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- As to the proportions, 1 in 20 was the strongest he used, and 1 in 60 the weakest; for preserving meat 1 in 50 answered perfectly well--1?lb. 威廉K.戴维. 智者、化学家和伟大医生的秘密.
- The nature and relative proportions of the inhabitants of oceanic islands are likewise opposed to the belief of their former continuity of continents. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- By gradual steps, initiated in Starley’s Rover in 1880, (see Fig. 183), the high front wheel was reduced in size, until the proportions of the modern Safety (Fig. 184) have been obtained. Edward W. Byrn. 十九世纪发明进展.
- The first impression received as one enters on the main floor of the library and looks around is that of noble proportions and symmetry as a whole. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In the course of the next two or three centuries the gladiatorial shows of Rome grew to immense proportions. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- An impression of the metal was obtained in fusible metal, which is an alloy composed of tin, lead, and bismuth, melted together in the proportions of two of the latter to one each of the former. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- By compounding various colors in different proportions, new colors can be formed to give freshness and variety. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- These, however, showed only the superiority of certain PROPORTIONS of the materials. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- Different occupations require very different proportions between the fixed and circulating capitals employed in them. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- Formed in the best proportions of her sex, Rowena was tall in stature, yet not so much so as to attract observation on account of superior height. 沃尔特·司各特. 艾凡赫.
- The Confederate generals led their men in the repeated charges, and the loss among them was of unusual proportions. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.