(adj.) placed in a grave; 'the hastily buried corpses' .
(imp. & p. p.) of Bury
- Animal and vegetable matter buried in the depth of the earth sometimes undergoes natural distillation, and as a result gas is formed. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- So Laurie played and Jo listened, with her nose luxuriously buried in heliotrope and tea roses. 路易莎·梅·奥尔科特. 小妇人.
- I was like the Arabian who had been buried with the dead, and found a passage to life aided only by one glimmering, and seemingly ineffectual light. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- The glyptodon was a monstrous South American armadillo, and a human skeleton has been found by Roth buried beneath its huge tortoise-like shell. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- Now, Thquire, I can take my oath, from my knowledge of that dog, that that man wath dead—and buried—afore that dog come back to me. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Many, already smitten, went home only to die: some died at the school, and were buried quietly and quickly, the nature of the malady forbidding delay. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 简·爱.
- It was the day after Mr. Casaubon had been buried, and Dorothea was not yet able to leave her room. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Perhaps, however, if it were buried in quicksilver, it might preserve, for a considerable space of time, its vegetable life, its smell, and colour. 本杰明·富兰克林. 富兰克林自传.
- It seemed now hours and hours since she had left the lost man lying in the grave where he had been buried alive. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- The house of Lazarus is a three-story edifice, of stone masonry, but the accumulated rubbish of ages has buried all of it but the upper story. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- This they buried well up on the island, and for three years they lived there in constant hope of being rescued. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- They buried their dead, often with ornaments, weapons, and food; they used a lot of colour in the burial, and evidently painted the body. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- The day was Sunday; but as going to church, except to be married or buried, was exceptional at Egdon, this made little difference. 托马斯·哈代. 还乡.
- One eye was buried in the soft loam; the other, rolling sidewise, was fixed in awe upon the strange gyrations of Professor Porter. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 人猿泰山.
- Everything else is buried, so far as my will goes. 乔治·艾略特. 米德尔马契.
- Like Homer, he is said to be buried in many other places, but this is the only true and genuine place his ashes inhabit. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- Xodar still sat with his face buried in his hands. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星战神.
- The three came into the room almost together; and the Father sat down in his chair, buried his face in his hands, and uttered a groan. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 小杜丽.
- It was a half-buried Crucifix, a little Christ under a little sloping hood, at the top of a pole. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- Our troops buried 179 of the enemy's dead, left upon the field. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The woman stood with her hand buried in her bosom, and the same deadly smile on her thin lips. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- I do not know, but it was buried. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- He was buried in the church of Santa Croce, the Pantheon of Florence, under the same roof with his great fellow countryman, Michael Angelo. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- At the foot of the bed, half sitting, half kneeling, his face buried in the clothes, was a young man, whose frame was racked by his sobs. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Do you know the place where he was buried? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Another difficulty attending the use of insulated wires buried in the ground arises from a very peculiar condition of electrical conduction, that could scarcely have been anticipated. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- This morning, as the man was buried and the investigation over--so far as this room is concerned--we thought we could tidy up a bit. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- But remember, in a week or a fortnight I may be dead and buried! 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- It was invisible, buried in the mud. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯回忆录.
- The buried forest and thickets were not all changed into coal. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.