- Of the numerous other telegraph instruments that have been invented since 1837, that of Mr. Morse is in most general use, especially on the Continent and in America. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- They have a kind of hard flints, which, by grinding against other stones, they form into instruments, that serve instead of wedges, axes, and hammers. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- I can only suppose now, that it was a part of his policy, as a very clever man, habitually to deceive his own instruments. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- The instruments show a rapidly decreasing air pressure on all parts of Barsoom--the engine has stopped. 埃德加·赖斯·巴勒斯. 火星公主.
- The spoons, forks, and other instruments, were all in the same proportion. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- Thirdly, and lastly, the machines and instruments of trade, etc. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- He took a neat little leather case out of a drawer, and opening it he exhibited a number of shining instruments. 阿瑟·柯南·道尔. 福尔摩斯归来记.
- Guitar and mandolin are agreeable instruments for amateurs, but are never used in orchestral music. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Musical instruments maybe divided into three groups according to the different ways in which their tones are produced:-- _First. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- Voltmeters (Fig. 236), or instruments for measuring voltage, are like ammeters except that a wire of very high resistance is in circuit with the movable coil. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- He has occasion for no machines or instruments of trade, unless his shop or warehouse be considered as such. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- To make the manufacture of instruments an ideal is to lose much of their ideal value. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- At other times, free balloons are liberated, carrying sets of automatic registering instruments. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- The Greeks derived their musical instruments from the Egyptians, and the Romans borrowed theirs from the Greeks, but neither the Greeks nor the Romans invented any. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- If we are discouraged it is because we tend to identify statecraft with that official government which is merely one of its instruments. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- Is a commander first to give cruel orders, and then to forgive and reward those who slay his instruments? 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- The proprietor furnished them with the seed, cattle, and instruments of husbandry, the whole stock, in short, necessary for cultivating the farm. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- For a long time his receiving instruments would only give out vague rumbling noises. 鲁伯特·萨金特·荷兰. 历史性发明.
- Then in the latter part of the eighteenth century Broadwood and Clementi of London and Erard of Strasburg and Petzold of Paris commenced the manufacture of their fine instruments. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- The place is stored with great variety of sextants, quadrants, telescopes, astrolabes, and other astronomical instruments. 乔纳森·斯威夫特. 格列佛游记.
- The story of the piano, that queen of musical instruments, involves the whole history of the art of music. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- Present-day reform lays a great emphasis upon instruments and very little on the skilful use of them. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- Here again we have not only enrichment of sound but also individuality of instruments. 伯莎M.克拉克. 科学通论.
- The first sound of martial instruments that came upon our undisciplined foe, inspired surprise, not unmingled with dread. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- Myths must be judged as instruments for acting upon present conditions; all discussion about the manner of applying them concretely to the course of history is senseless. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- Twenty-five instruments were energized from one circuit, and the quotations were supplied from a central at 18 New Street. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In the parson's croft, behind the rectory, are the musicians of the three parish bands, with their instruments. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 雪莉.
- The inventions and improvements in optical instruments gave rise to great advances in the making of lenses, based on scientific principles, and not resting alone on hard work and experience. 威廉·亨利·杜利特. 世纪发明.
- A company was formed, a large number of instruments were made and sent to Gouraud in London, and prospects were bright. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- A strain of plaintive music, played on stringed instruments, and flutes, recalled my attention to the hidden shrine. 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.