[pɑː'tɪsɪpeɪt] or [pɑr'tɪsə'pet]
(verb.) share in something.
(a.) Acting in common; participating.
(v. i.) To have a share in common with others; to take a part; to partake; -- followed by in, formely by of; as, to participate in a debate.
(v. t.) To partake of; to share in; to receive a part of.
(v. t.) To impart, or give, or share of.
SYN:Share, join_in, have_a_share,[See PARTAKE]
v.i. to partake: to have a share.—v.t. to receive a part or share of.—n. Pé‹?prime;ticeps crim′inis one who although not present helps in any way the commission of a crime or who after the deed assists or hides the person who did it.—adjs. Partic′ipable capable of being participated in or shared; Partic′ipant participating: sharing.—n. a partaker.—adv. Partic′ipantly.—n. Participā′tion.—adj. Partic′ipātive capable of participating.—n. Partic′ipātor one who partakes with another: a sharer.
- When Percy MacKaye pleads for pageants in which the people themselves participate, he offers an opportunity for expressing some of the lusts of the city in the form of an art. 沃尔特·李普曼. 政治序论.
- But if interest is aroused, we begin to participate. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- The denizens of the forest cannot, of course, expect to participate in the refinements of the land of the Free. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- I did not participate in these feelings; for to me the walls of a dungeon or a palace were alike hateful. 玛丽·雪莱. 弗兰肯斯坦.
- It would be ignoble of me not to participate in this action because of the accident of this message. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Acting upon this plan in our subsequent intercourse, he led me to wish to participate in that cultivation which graced his own intellect. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- One or two of the pensionnaires complained of headache, and in other respects seemed slightly to participate in Georgette's ailment. 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- Nor have I been debarred, Though seas between us braid ha' roared, (BURNS) from participating in the intellectual feasts he has spread before us. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- But now all are participating in this. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- Naturally the British imperialists wanted a subjugated Irish; naturally the English Liberals wanted a free, participating Irish. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- In saying this, we are only repeating what was said previously about participating in a joint activity as the chief way of forming disposition. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- It was then a Union victory, in which the Armies of the Tennessee and the Ohio both participated. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- But then, later, came this of Manolo Granero in which Juan Luis de la Rosa also participated. 欧内斯特·海明威. 丧钟为谁而鸣.
- The little dinners, the laughing and chatting, the music afterwards, delighted all who participated in these enjoyments. 威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷. 名利场.
- In the battle of Chattanooga, troops from the Army of the Potomac, from the Army of the Tennessee, and from the Army of the Cumberland participated. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The year 1147 saw a Second Crusade, in which both the Emperor Conrad III and King Louis of France participated. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- I was changed; the tight-drawn cord that sounded so harshly was loosened, the moment that Idris participated in my knowledge of our real situation. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- The method of working at Menlo Park has already been described in these pages by those who participated. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- In other cases, he really shares or participates in the common activity. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.
- It is truly educative in its effect in the degree in which an individual shares or participates in some conjoint activity. 约翰·杜威. 民主与教育.