To see trenches in dreams, warns you of distant treachery. You will sustain loss if not careful in undertaking new enterprises, or associating with strangers. To see filled trenches, denotes many anxieties are gathering around you. See Ditch.
- The column moving detached from the army still in the trenches was, excluding the cavalry, very small. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- He fortified his new position, and our trenches were then extended from the left of our main line to connect with his new one. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- Constantinople was invested, trenches dug, and advances made. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.
- The forces in the trenches were themselves extending to the left flank. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- These mines can be thrown for a considerable distance and create havoc in the enemy’s trenches if the aim is true. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Arm and put in the trenches your quartermaster employees, citizens, etc. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- These answered as cochorns, and shells were successfully thrown from them into the trenches of the enemy. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The fashion of delving out fulfillments of prophecy where that prophecy consists of mere ifs, trenches upon the absurd. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- The use of the tank against trenches was an altogether obvious expedient. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.
- The spending of three and four arduous nights a week in these trenches by Mr. Edison and his associates suggests the rigor of the later European warfare. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- I practised in the trenches. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- It is known that against such weapons of offense no fortifications can last and that the employment of such weapons has forced both armies to depend on their trenches as their main defense. 佚名. 神奇的知识之书.
- Hancock came up and proposed to take any part assigned to him; and Smith asked him to relieve his men who were in the trenches. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- The excellent insulation obtained by means of gutta percha covered wires has caused a return to the original plan of burying the wires in trenches in the ground. 弗雷德里克·科利尔·贝克维尔. 伟大的事实.
- The necessary occupation of a ditcher prepares him to work in the trenches, and to fortify a camp, as well as to inclose a field. 亚当·斯密. 国富论.
- The Austrian trenches were above on the hillside only a few yards from the Italian lines. 欧内斯特·海明威. 永别了,武器.
- It cannot be impressed too strongly upon commanders of troops left in the trenches not to allow this to occur without taking advantage of it. 尤利西斯·格兰特. U．S．格兰特的个人回忆录.
- In the trenches of the Western front alone during the late war thousands of potential great men died unfulfilled. 赫伯特·乔治·威尔斯. 世界史纲.