['sʌmweə] or ['sʌmwɛr]
(noun.) an indefinite or unknown location; 'they moved to somewhere in Spain'.
(adv.) in or at or to some place; 'she must be somewhere'; (`someplace' is used informally for `somewhere').
(adv.) In some place unknown or not specified; in one place or another.
ad. In some place, in one place or another.
- Mr Lammle, striking in here, proclaims aloud that there is a sequel to the story of the man from somewhere. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- Mr. Bounderby knew it was somewhere down town, but knew no more respecting it. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 艰难时事.
- Let it be somewhere beyond reach; in some obscure life--or, better still, in some obscure death. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- Most likely, said Marks, she's took in somewhere; but where, 's a question. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- Was there error somewhere? 夏洛蒂·勃朗特. 维莱特.
- There was somewhere else to go. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- They are waiting till I shall want the gentleman to show himself somewhere, for half a moment. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- I am now somewhere between seventy and eighty years of age--never mind exactly where! 威尔基·柯林斯. 月亮宝石.
- I would sooner go--somewhere else. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- He had a peculiar eye, and I made up my mind that there was a strain of insanity somewhere. 弗兰克·刘易斯·戴尔. 爱迪生的生平和发明.
- When they took a young man into Tellson's London house, they hid him somewhere till he was old. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 双城记.
- He seemed to himself to have met and been acquainted with him somewhere, but he could not recollect. 哈丽叶特·比切·斯托. 汤姆叔叔的小屋.
- For on the theory, such strata must somewhere have been deposited at these ancient and utterly unknown epochs of the world's history. 查尔斯·达尔文. 物种起源.
- A good shop for the latter was in the Strand--somewhere in that part which has been rebuilt since. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 大卫·科波菲尔.
- We are all very much interested in the man from Somewhere,' Veneering observes. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- One wants to wander away from the world's somewheres, into our own nowhere. 戴维·赫伯特·劳伦斯. 恋爱中的女人.
- There's bright eyes somewheres--eh? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- For my little woman is a-listening somewheres, or I'll forfeit the business and five hundred pound! 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- I must be put somewheres, dear boy. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- And I'm a-going somewheres. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- He said he would go somewheres and steal a lamp. 马克·吐温. 傻子出国记.
- You've got a mark upon you somewheres or another, I suppose? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- Isn't there bright eyes somewheres, wot you love the thoughts on? 查尔斯·狄更斯. 远大前程.
- Somewheres, repeated the boy in a louder tone. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- It's betwixt 'em, somewheres. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- I'm a-going somewheres. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.