(adj.) single because of death of the spouse .
(imp. & p. p.) of Widow
- Here, too, the bride's aunt and next relation; a widowed female of a Medusa sort, in a stoney cap, glaring petrifaction at her fellow-creatures. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 我们共同的朋友.
- They reached the cottage where Susan's widowed mother lived. 伊丽莎白·盖斯凯尔. 南方与北方.
- If I ever get to heaven it won't be for being a good son to a widowed mother; I say no more. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- All his widowed mother could spare had been spent in qualifying him for his profession. 查尔斯·狄更斯. 荒凉山庄.
- The stars came out, shedding their ineffectual glimmerings on the light-widowed earth. 玛丽·雪莱. 最后一个人.