[ðiːz] or [ðiz]
(pron.) The plural of this. See This.
(pl. ) of This
Checked by Conan
demons. pron. pl. of this.
- Investigation of these cases, however, revealed invariably the purely fraudulent nature of all such offers, which were uniformly declined. Frank Lewis Dyer. Edison, His Life and Inventions.
- And what do you call these little fellows, ma'am? Charles Dickens. Bleak House.
- These good people were absolutely ignorant that their land contained that which was quite as valuable as a gold-mine. Arthur Conan Doyle. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- Not a word had been spoken during the present session on any of these topics. Mary Shelley. The Last Man.
- How she had to work and thrum at these duets and sonatas in the Street, before they appeared in public in the Square! William Makepeace Thackeray. Vanity Fair.
- There were only these few words in her neatly flowing hand:-- I have told Mrs. Casaubon. George Eliot. Middlemarch.
- From these ends is extended the spindle of Necessity, on which all the revolutions turn. Plato. The Republic.
- Mrs. Bardell, the plaintiff in the action, is within these walls, Sir. Charles Dickens. The Pickwick Papers.
- But these were secondary contributory causes. H. G. Wells. The Outline of History_Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind.
- We can here consider only a few cases; of these, some of the most difficult to explain are presented by fish. Charles Darwin. On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.
- These are my holidays. Charles Dickens. Our Mutual Friend.
- I suppose it's smarter to use these rocks and build a good blind for this gun than to make a proper emplacement for it. Hemingway, Ernest. For Whom The Bell Tolls.
- Let her footstep, as she comes and goes, in these pages, be like that other footstep to whose airy fall your own heart once beat time. Wilkie Collins. The Woman in White.
- I say that these monstrous laws of yours will bring a curse upon the land--God will not let such wickedness endure. Arthur Conan Doyle. The Return of Sherlock Holmes.
- One of these compounds, namely, chloride of lime, is the almost universal bleaching agent of commerce. Bertha M. Clark. General Science.
- Yes, he said, I think that he would rather suffer anything than entertain these false notions and live in this miserable manner. Plato. The Republic.
- He must have been one of a patrol scattered out in these hills. Hemingway, Ernest. For Whom The Bell Tolls.
- These are the Asiatic negroids. H. G. Wells. The Outline of History_Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind.
- These got fairly to work at the beginning of the century, and the uses of machinery spread to the treatment of leather. William Henry Doolittle. Inventions in the Century.
- But how has she lived through all these years? Wilkie Collins. The Woman in White.
- One of these papers was sent to Major Dobbin,--Regt. William Makepeace Thackeray. Vanity Fair.
- But there is a decided grouping of valuable metals, and these can then be readily separated by means of electricity. Bertha M. Clark. General Science.
- By the aid of these lines the barometric conditions over a large area can be studied. Bertha M. Clark. General Science.
- These are two celebrated ones. Charles Dickens. Great Expectations.
- And as this,' he added, after these magnanimous words, 'is not a fit scene for the boy--David, go to bed! Charles Dickens. David Copperfield.
- Of course we are very careful and we make no disturbance in these hills. Hemingway, Ernest. For Whom The Bell Tolls.
- These she put on, out on the staircase, first shutting and locking the door and taking away the key. Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities.
- Had they not better throw these bodies to the plant men and then return to their quarters, O Mighty One? Edgar Rice Burroughs. The Gods of Mars.
- One of these fat bare-footed rascals came here to Civita Vecchia with us in the little French steamer. Mark Twain. The Innocents Abroad.
- At last he could keep these feelings to himself no longer. H. G. Wells. The Outline of History_Being a Plain History of Life and Mankind.